• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by tthew.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Possible PSA: Tubeless pump magic
  • cjr61

I’m quite happy with my ghetto fire extinguisher option but wondered if this might be a cheap inflation tool? Perhaps valve core out, skinny adapter in and on goes the pump??

https://www.aldi.co.uk/p/093303031180100

If it might work then £5.99 is a bargain 😀

If not then just berate me!

jekkyl

I think it probably wouldn’t work in the same way as a ghetto inflator/coke bottle method. Those work with a sudden quick burst of air whereas this is just a trickle.

cjr61

Fair enough…

pembo6
    Free Member

I wouldn’t expect it could pump anywhere near 30-40 psi. ??

cjr61

It was a baby son enforced early morning thought!

jeff

I’ve got something similar – great for air beds, but not enough oomph for normal tyres. 🙂

cookeaa

Annoyingly I bought a new pump for inflating camping beds and paddling pools last week, it cost a couple of quid more than that yet still requires manual labour…
    Might buy this item too just to save my precious back a bit…
    Cheers OP.

legend
    Free Member

*thread reported for being rubbish*

cjr61

Haha thanks legend

FuzzyWuzzy

I know the 12v versions of those are pants but curious if the 240v mains ones are any better (air flow-wise), for general stuff (not inflating tubeless tyres)

Ewan
    Free Member

I have a Go outdoors version – it’s a 240 12v transformer attached to a lead 🙂 Will not work for tubeless.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Got one of those for the kids inflatable pool. It’s not strong enough and is easily overwhelmed by back pressure.

woody2000

I mentioned this on another thread, but something like this – http://www.gelert.com/gelert-double-action-pump-784155 – does the job perfectly.

Valve core out, long adapter fits in the valve perfectly, once good pump and the tyre seats straight away. Done 3 now, all up first time. Once you’ve used the “big” pump to seat the tyre, a regular track pump does the job just fine after that.

christhetall
    Free Member

Slightly off at a tangent, but has anyone tried to inflate an air mattress with a track pump ? Totally different valves I believe.

Speshpaul

“I know the 12v versions of those are pants”

toptip have the engine running, same volts but a lot more amps.

tthew

Because it’s double action, that Gelert one will maintain a flow, which is where you struggle with track pumps sometimes as the air leak out on the up stroke faster than you can put it in on the down. That’s a good solution Woody2000

The OP’s Aldi one is a fan really, not a pump.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Possible PSA: Tubeless pump magic’ is closed to new replies.