Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Possible new trail hazard at Afan
  • Klunk
    Free Member
    molgrips
    Free Member

Reintroduction of native species the uncontrolled way 🙂

Given how successful boar have been in other parts of the country, and how difficult they have been to catch, this looks like a new population starting I reckon.

As long as they like forestry plantations, that is.

duckman

“They’re fantastic animals, fascinating things. It’s important I think that we remember they are a native animal. The Welsh princes used to hunt them so they’re part of our heritage really,” Mr Williams told BBC Radio Wales.

Err yes,so why the dangerous animals licence and the big old fence?

MoreCashThanDash

Puts my thread about rabbits into context 😯

iolo
    Free Member

In Vienna there’s a bloody big park called Lainzer tiergarten.
    There’s wild Boar wondering everywhere there.
    They are big buggers.
    That’s a great park for walking in.
    Occasionally you see them walking the street.
    I’m sure they could do some bloody damage if you upset them mind.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Plenty already in FoD, evening rides you tend to see them more, not surprisingly. Mainly off-piste areas but every now and then you see them wandering around near the trail centre.

molgrips
    Free Member

Err yes,so why the dangerous animals licence and the big old fence?

On a farm, where they have a small field and are a bit pissed off, they might be dangerous. If they can f off into the forest and stay out of our way, perhaps less dangerous?

GrahamS

I don’t really see the problem.

Also fairly dangerous if cornered, but plenty of them wandering about in our forests.

duckman

And our driveways…

That’s gotta hurt!

atlaz
    Free Member

I saw a car written off in the Ardennes last summer after it hit a wild boar on the motorway. To be fair, the boar was written off as well but it was a pretty good final act of revenge.

They’re wild around here and there’s no stories about them eating kids faces or goring the village priest so I can’t imagine why the panic about a few wild pigs roaming around.

welshfarmer

Due to poor reporting and the pigs value given as £25000 rather than the more realistic £250 I don’t think many will survive the week down the South Wales Valleys. Gonna be a few disappointed poachers though when they realise they are not as valuable as they have been led to believe.

welshfarmer

Interesting. The report has been edited and the (wrong) values have been removed. DOH

lucien

TBH it would make a change from sheep sha*ging – like having a new girlfriend or bit on the side – what’s not to like?

lucien

TBH it would make a change from sheep sha*ging – like having a new girlfriend or bit on the side – what’s not to like?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Possible new trail hazard at Afan’ is closed to new replies.