Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Possible new bike + Evans
  • mikey74
    Free Member

After all the musings about what to do with my SX Trail, I am tempted to keep it as it is and use it as a DH bike. However, I am very tempted by this to use as a trail/xc/AM bike:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/norco/sight-2-2013-mountain-bike-ec041223

Anyone got any experience of Evans finance?

freeride_frankie
    Free Member

I’m on my 3rd Evans never never plan. I’ve not experienced any problems.

metamuppet
    Free Member

I just did Evans finance on a Sight 2. I was in the shop for nearly 5 hours, including a half hour test ride, it’s was… Frustrating.

mikey74
    Free Member

Which Evans? I’ll take a packed lunch 😀

bradley
    Free Member

If you must take finance then ignore this post (I had to take finance because I can’t afford to buy a bike so expensive outright)…

If you can afford to buy with cash then just give them a ring first and start asking for freebies. I managed to get a free set of DMR V8 pedals, cheapie carbon bottle cage (pointless on full suss mtb but nice for road bike) and half price on a full face helmet on the grounds that I was paying cash (£1100) for my bike. Worth a shout though if you can manage it outright, spending £2300 you can probably wriggle 10% of the cost of the bike in freebies…

mikey74
    Free Member

I could do cash but I’d have to move a few things around and to be honest I prefer to have the float of spare cash available. As I can afford the payments, I am happy with finance.

bradley
    Free Member

Still worth a shout asking for what freebies you could grab though, no? I might try it for you…lol.

mulv1976
    Free Member

Why not get an interest free credit card instead and pay it off monthly? That’s what I’ve done for my bikes in the past. Then you can hopefully get a deal or some freebies and still pay it off gradually.

willber
    Free Member

what mulv said is good – but I got a Commencal Meta 5 a few years ago on 2 years 0% finance with Evans and they were great – the bike was about 2400 quid, but merlin were selling it for 1700 – I asked Merlin if they would sell it on finance and they said “No Way – thats a cash price”. So I went to Evans (Chill Factor) and asked if they’d price match – they agreed and then gave me the finance too – couldn’t fault them.

philfive
    Free Member

I got a bike on interest free from eans ad had no issues at all.

daftvader
    Free Member

depending on where you are have a look at pedal on in tadley… podium points on new bikes (even withn some of the finance packages) are worth alot… i got a cannondale synapse and the podium points netted me £230 of extra stuff

weeksy

I bought a commencal from Evans wit 40% off and at 0% finance !

Bargain

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Possible new bike + Evans’ is closed to new replies.