Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Possible Daft Question
  • dickydutch

I’m aware that this might be a stupid question, so I’m ready to take a potential flaming but –
    I have a set of recon race forks, with the adjustment on the top of the right hand stanchion where it is possible to “lock” the fork out by twisting it. Now, would it be possible to fit a pushloc/poploc (not sure as to which) so I am able to adjust it from my handlebars. I know it may be a bit unnecessary, but just interested!

Thanks!

Moses

Yep. With some fiddling and a poploc lever / old friction shifter

will
    Free Member

It is fitted where the lockout is at the moment:

Tiboy

You also need a cable stop to be part of the casting of the crown I think? Though saying that if you used a new style damper/poplock unit this is a part of the top cap.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yes it can be fitted, but you need a spring internally to open it up when you move the lever back. Said spring is fitted inside that red holey-tube thing (The Motion Control Unit) in the pic above, and without it you won’t be able to unlock the fork without doing it by hand on the fork crown as before.
    The bad news is that you’ll have to but a whole new Motion Control as you can’t buy just the spring and the MC unit is sealed anyway. That’s gonna cost you a fair bit of cash (£80-ish?) and to be honest you’d be better off buying a new fork with Poploc and selling you old one in the long run. Although to be honest you won’t really gain much by doing this, it’s not that hard to reach down to the fork crown, is it?
    🙂

dickydutch

thanks for the replies.
    peterpoddy – you’re right. I was just intrigued as to whether it was possible after seeing the cable guide in the crown. But for that kinda money, I’m stickign with bending down for now!!
    thanks again.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yeah that’s the sensible thing to do….
    Poploc levers break easily, too, and cost £40 to replace on their own!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Possible Daft Question’ is closed to new replies.