Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Positive things in the wake of horror
  • SaxonRider

In light of the turmoil and mixed feelings many people will have in the wake of last night’s horrific and utterly diabolical attack, I have to say that I am always moved by the broader public’s response to such things.

The quiet and not-so-quiet heroism of so many people, especially those who just appear to offer lifts, cups of tea, or whatever, is deeply comforting. I also very much appreciate the work of the emergency services, who see so much, yet respond with compassion and professionalism.

I am thankful for the good people do in the face of evil and suffering.

IHN

Here here.

Freester

Ya know. I saw your thread title and in my pessimism struggled to think of anything positive. And then I read your post. Yes^^^^^

martinhutch

We may see society as entirely self-interested these days, but fortunately there is an ocean of decency and compassion just under the surface. We have to remember that these are the majority, regardless of what others would have us believe.

theotherjonv

Bigots will still be bigoted, and may become more so.

The flipside is that nice, normal human people become a bit nicer as a result, because the opposite to hate is love.

And in the end love will win. We outnumber the haters by many orders of magnitude, never forget it.

That’s the positive to me – it reminds me how great most people are when it really matters. We can all be **** to each other over petty stuff, like traffic or politics, but when it’s important we’re all in it together.

SaxonRider

And in the end love will win. We outnumber the haters by many orders of magnitude, never forget it.

This can be honestly quite easy to forget, I agree with you, and think that the proof is in the work we witness, and the general response of the public.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Drac

Humans are amazing at times like these. People from all backgrounds will help where they can, be it at the scene or handing a bottle of water to an emergency worker. Human kindness far outweighs the hatred.

theotherjonv

It’s not for me, or really for anyone on here to speak for the victims and their families and loved ones. Some have come close, some may have been touched, we don’t know. But if it was ever to be me I hope I could cope in the way Antoine Leiris did, because his letter to the Bataclan murderers sums up exactly how I would want to feel.

#lovewins

Antoine Leiris

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Positive things in the wake of horror’ is closed to new replies.