Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Posing the question another way
  • swanky
    Free Member

Pik n Mix – Member

Worth remembering that I would rather give up riding than buy anything from you

I wouldn’t want anyone to have to give up riding so please do buy your bike stuff elsewhere with my wholehearted blessings 🙂

swanky
    Free Member

Jamie,

You and I have had run ins before if I remember 🙂

Still looking forward to meeting you some time out on the hills so that you can buy me a pint 🙂

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I think Jamies “get out” was for TINAS and his superb pun 🙂

As far as finance goes I would feel very uneasy taking out finance on an item which doesn’t hold value. Finance has it’s place certainly, but I think the only way it would work with an item such as an MTB would be to offer 0%. From a business point of view this makes a great deal of sense. You will attract people who can afford the item, but as has been said before, you can still hold on to your money if you so choose.
    At the end of the day its down to the choice of the consumer.

Jamie
    Free Member

I think Jamies “get out” was for TINAS and his superb pun

I’m sure BikeSwanky realises that, and his offer to meet up was a mere pleasantry.

aracer
    Free Member

Can he get 0% finance on that?

cookeaa

Fair enough swanky you answered my post, perhaps (like a few others) I have veered straight to assuming you are an evil profiteering git, but that’s probably rather unfair.

You have to admit though your last couple of threads have at least smacked of doing either a little Astroturfing/promotion or trying a a bit of free market research…

As for the 5 Years, 0% proposal? Thinking about it in wider terms isn’t that sort of thing half the problem, easy access to consumer credit has basically helped drive up the price of everything over the last decade (including bikes obviously).
    So now when faced with the situation of incomes not really increasing but prices being inflated, rather than bring people’s expectations down a bit and getting them to try and live within/closer to their means, you are proposing to simply Ramp up their access to credit again? making it easier to swallow with a longer repayment term.

TBH, I’d consider it if I could use that 5yrs/0% on a less expensive bike, say a £1500 spend over 5 years, 60 monthly installments of £25 (would that deal even be worth your while though?), as I’d barely notice that leaving the bank balance and there are plenty of £1500~2K bikes I’d like to own but the missus would strangle me if I just raided the savings for £2k.
    But you are proposing it as a means for people to utterly spunk their wad on a £10K ego chariot when you can’t be sure the £166 monthly payments over that period will be sustainable…

I’d push the angle that its potentially more affordable (in terms of monthly budgeted outgoings) than C2W schemes (which is shorter period, Lease hire in effect now and not really worth it) if you want to own a “decent” rather than “premium” bike, but that’s just me…

And I really don’t get the bike lease thing, but if you are actually getting people interested then fair play…

swanky
    Free Member

Jamie – Freeloader! But we still like him

I think Jamies “get out” was for TINAS and his superb pun

I’m sure BikeSwanky realises that, and his offer to meet up was a mere pleasantry.

Nope – not a pleasantry – I’m sure you’d like us if you actually met us – not sure that it would be mutual though 🙂

Happy to meet you for a ride on some of our demo Pygas if you want to in the Surrey Hills or Swinley 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Posing the question another way’ is closed to new replies.