Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Poshbikes/ Storck
  • psp22
    Free Member

If I was you looking to buy any form of light bike or components I would strongly advise not dealing with posh bikes or with any thing they distribute! If you have a problem, they, with there amazing customer services, will do absolutely nothing for you and blame what ever is wrong with your bike on you! Please I beg anyone who wants a light bike to look else where at other quality products with a company that does want to take your cash and run! I have a couple of friends with Storcks and they too have experienced unsavoury after sales service from posh bikes as well! Let this be a warning to you, I do not want to have to say I told you so!

wwaswas

I do not want to have to say I told you so!

I have a sneaking suspicion that you’d love to.

matt_outandabout

Welcome to the forum. What an excellent first post. 🙄

argyle
    Free Member

why bother making this a stand alone post?

joao3v16
    Free Member

anyone who wants a light bike to look else where at other quality products with a company that does want to take your cash and run

Err… 😕

psp22
    Free Member

Argyle Its as a stand alone post so other people can find it easy and avoid any future problems they may have to endure!

beaker

Come on then, I have two hours to kill…. Why should I avoid Posh bikes?

matt_outandabout

Indeed, lots of us would like to know the story behind such a strong view. What happened, what did they do to you?

sniffthebreeze
    Free Member

i have to strongly diss-agree!
    Firstly – Storcks. Stunning bikes, end off. I have had mine 5 years and it really does not look out of place with the ‘latest’ carbon offerings, and i would say still rides better than most. ( i have an up to date colnago as well)

Posh bikes – Small family business. They work on a very personal level and have given very good service/advice to me over the phone or face to face. You do ,like many LBS type owners, have to learn about them and how to get the best from them, but they are good people and work damned hard!

Merry Xmas.

Sniff

thehustler
    Free Member

hmm someone feels strongly enough about defending them to become a new member sniff the breezeany reason for that?

edit apologies, post for the first time in 2 years…..

sc-xc

Registered Jan 2009. Columbo.

thehustler
    Free Member

edited b4 you posted, I prefer poirot……

gee
    Free Member

I bought some tune bar ends a few years ago that cracked at the clamp. Refused warranty as they said the bars must have been undersized causing the crack. Unlikely given they were Easton carbons, but even so they can’t expect you to go around measuring them with digital callipers to check (oh no, hold on, yes they can) and surely a product needs to be designed with some tolerance? As OP said, they just blamed me for the failure of the crap they distribute. I had a Tune stem crack too – thankfully that went back to Zyro and was refunded. Tune = crap!

sniffthebreeze
    Free Member

Hustler,

None at all!
    I just have had no bad experiences with them and wanted to balance the conversation.
    Mostly i don’t post because i keep losing my password / too much to do, but it’s slowing down for Xmas and we had some nice pop for lunch followed by a quick 20miles on the rd bike, so i guess i am just relaxed and interested in taking part!
    Sniff.

wrecker
    Free Member

Any company who proudly exclaims;

Our customers are world-renowned professional athletes, celebrities, as well as discerning businessmen & women.

Are asshats and would never enjoy the pleasure of my custom.
    Velo refined also represent all that is wrong with the cycle industry.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

my tune road BB axle sheared and they refused to warranty it as I had taken it out of the bike before they could inspect it… tune = crap, poshbikes = crapper

njee20
    Free Member

Mmmm, I’d not rush to use Tune stuff again – my Kong Superscharf hub was pretty crap, fell apart far too often for my liking, and wasn’t user serviceable! Skewers were alright though!

Jamie
    Free Member

Are asshats and would never enjoy the pleasure of my custom.

I would go even further, and say any website that still has a splash page, should be taken outside and shot.

…possibly by a Mr J Clarkson, and possibly with family members in the vicinity.

argyle
    Free Member

the velo refined logo looks like it’s been jizzed on by a smurf

wrecker
    Free Member

Well I don’t know what a splash page is but I find myself nodding furiously in agreement.

DezB
    Free Member

Its as a stand alone post so other people can find it easy and avoid any future problems they may have to endure!

Might it have been better in the, you know, erm, bike forum then?

Jamie
    Free Member

Might it have been better in the, you know, erm, bike forum then?

I never took you as a forum pedant, Dez?

andrewh
    Free Member

Posh bikes have been a bit of a nuicance to me too, took 3 months+ to change the freewheel on a Tune hub. Not sure how hard it is to get parts but a certain Belgian shop has loads in stock… Getting a reply to emails/phone calls can be problematic too.

Storks look nice, would love one of their road bikes, but should I be in a position to afford one then it will come from elswhere.

vct123
    Free Member

I know an old thread, but i stumbled across PoshBikes when going to buy some paint (the shop next door). For my money the most helpful bikeshop i’ve used and would thoroughly reccomend. Ended up buying a great bike with no sales pressure just good advice and info so i could make up my mind what would be best value for me.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

great first post 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

nealglover
    Free Member

Well I suppose buying your paint in the shop next door to your own shop does make sense 🙂

seba560
    Free Member

I couldn’t say that I’ve actually had any problems with them.

andrewh
    Free Member

Had two problems with my Tune Prince rear hub. Both fixed under warranty but very, very slowly. The second time took 3 months!
    Definately on my list of avoids (which is Poshbkes, Silverfish, CRC, Pronghorn, FSA, Continental, Windwave, Pace)
    To balance it out top marks go to helpful people I will seek out where possible: Marin, Wiggle, Magura, Chris Bling, Middleburn

trail_rat
    Free Member

i had a storke full sus come through my work shop.

lovely engineering – when static ….

set the front mech up in the stand shifting perfect.

ride it – shifting a bag of shite as its now about a country mile from the ring.

solution – set the mech up while someone of the same weight sits on – bike only shifts well when at that specific sag.

anyother time and its sub optimal. Queried it with them – “oh yes thats normal” – never had it with any other bike i owned or worked on……

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is this one of those new members threads…

There must be a template for flaming and instant defense posts.

Just out of interest can anybody recommend anywhere to go on holiday with my bike in spain. Ideally i’d like to have a bad time 😉

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

😀

whytetrash

Definately on my list of avoids (which is Poshbkes, Silverfish, CRC, Pronghorn, FSA, Continental, Windwave, Pace)

Windwave… these guys are flipping awesome, replaced a battered FSA carbon LH crank after 3.5 yrs with a whole crankset inc rings and BB!

Just done the same for a mate… even though it came from On One and Windwave didn’t even import it!

yoshimi

I’ll second Windwave – wasn’t their fault that my Marzocchi ATA’s were awful, but they did resolve the situation, never fobbed me off and in general gave great customer service.

I’d still never buy Marzocchi forks again though

kaiser
    Free Member

Does VTC own Poshbikes or just work for them? everything they sell is available cheaper elsewhere without bad customer service !

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I don’t work for Poshbikes, never bought anything from them, don’t really deal with them much as a customer either – but funnily enough I was chatting to one of the lads there about a week or so, as you do in the trade, and he was telling me about an absolute A-Hole of a customer he was having major problems with, who was claiming warranty on something stupid, something like a seat clamp, and was making the biggest fuss ever and threatening all sorts, when it was quite obvious he had mashed the bolt by cross threading it – something like that.

Wonder if its connected…

Jamie
    Free Member

I was chatting to one of the lads there about a week or so

Possibly not…

drbob65
    Free Member

Bought loads of stuff from Posh bikes over the years, never had an issue once, you do have to speak with Andy, generally these guys have fallen over to help me, so don’t know why the OP had such an issue

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Poshbikes/ Storck’ is closed to new replies.