Viewing 17 posts - 161 through 177 (of 177 total)
  • Posh watches ?
  • bungle

Wooden watch? From the same Mash page.

beanum

I saw this recently and really like the look of it.
    It’s a bit over budget but the OP could consider getting on the waiting lists… It might even appreciate in value.
    Heuer Autavia

For those who have been tempted by this thread, a nice looking watch at a more acceptable price (imho obviously) is this:
    Magrette Moana Pacific Professional – £545-645

Rik
    Free Member

Must say I do like the new Oris Skeleton watch – £1800 though mind…..

jp-t853

Tudor Black Bay 36?

Steel bracelet, not big, quality brand & automatic.
    I have a 34mm Rolex Oysterdate and it never feels too small, it is actually very comfortable. I have had to sell on larger watches in the past as they never felt right.

Tudor Black Bay 36

grahamt1980

Someone at the mash must be a member here surely

onandon
    Free Member

Nope, because the mash said £1400 for a watch. That’s not even an ok watch, let along a “posh” watch.

deepreddave
    Free Member

@Captmorgan – whilst Rolex won’t service it yours has an ETA movement so any decent watchmaker can service that. Parts like the bezel etc would need he/she to have a Rolex account I think to get the spares.

godzilla
    Free Member

I like that Black bay 36, reminds me of the Rolex Explorer with the 5500 movement.

Wally

I have tried on a Black bay 36, lovely size.
    However my wallet stayed in pocket, in my opinion the crown sits way too far out with an extra black ring of something, I am confident that would dig in. It’s not particularly anti-reflective, not even sure it has an inner coating. Finally it’s too thick. I would not be at all surprised if prices go up in the next couple of weeks due to £ shift.

Wally

whoops

captmorgan
    Free Member

@deepdave, I think you missed the point of my post, I use Rocco from watchworxs and Duncan at Genesis for servicing amoung a few others, I wanted to know which Rolex needed a £600 service every two years.

igm

Haters gonna hate, but

Easy to read and I send just enough time abroad that the GMT feature is useful. I have both the stainless and the black nylon deployment straps.

ORIS BIG CROWN PROPILOT GMT

PS – I can not get images to work – is it me?

Fudd
    Free Member

As you’ve had it for over 30 years you’ll be clear on what type of Rolex it is, could you help the rest of us and steer us away from those that need a £600 service very two years?

I think you should budget £600 for every time any Rolex goes in for an official service, and 1k+ for chronograph/Daytona models, but every two years is excessive. Every 6-8 years is more like it but expect Rolex to say otherwise as they have a servicing monopoly to maintain…

I’ve had a 79090 Tudor for over twenty six years but only had that serviced twice so far and I’m now worried that it couldn’t be serviced again without buying into a brilliant business model…

The Tudor will be fine as long as the watchmaker doing the work has an ebay or Cousins account, plenty of nos parts still out there without having to resort to Rolex pricing.

bigG
    Free Member

I’m lucky enough to have –

For when I feel like a git with a big watch, looks OK with casual clothing, but is very out of place with a suit and tie IMHO.

Worn pretty much every day to work

Work as an every day knocking around watch

I know I don’t need that many watches, but I like them so what harm am I doing?

darrimc30
    Free Member

Just bought a Omega Seamaster chrono 300m from Jas at Watches of Sutton, fantastic price and great service. Would definitely recommend you check him out, if a pre-owned watch is what your after.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m a believer in a watch must mean something to you, otherwise just buy a generic Casio or Swatch.

I bought one of these when they first came out, with my first salary from my first job, and that it was orange. I still have it and wear it once every 6months or so when I get an urge to wear a watch.

Stock image, but you get the impression.

Viewing 17 posts - 161 through 177 (of 177 total)

The topic ‘Posh watches ?’ is closed to new replies.