• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Rik.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Posh Car Audio Systems – Anybody have 7 inch screen/dvd combo thing – Views?
  • Rik
    Free Member

After a ipod interface for the van and seen the 7 inch double din touch screens which interface with the ipod, play dvds and cds etc. Looking at a JVC one that last years model and about £300 rather than £600 when new.

Anybody have posh stereo and what do you think?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

If you listen to the radio bear in mind there are switching off non-digital broadcasts relatively soon so if it ain't got DAB consider your options.

molgrips
    Free Member

I have one – Pioneer, and it's shit. But it's shit because the menus and features are badly designed, not shit in principle 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

breatheeasy – End of 2015. Long enough off to not consider.

Gary_M
    Free Member

If you listen to the radio bear in mind there are switching off non-digital broadcasts relatively soon so if it ain't got DAB consider your options.

I didn't realise they were doing that with radio too, so am I right in thinking then that after 2015 a non DAB radio won't have any stations to pick up. It's obvioulsy not like a tv where you can just buy a digibox so is that not a bit stupid?

nicolaisam
    Free Member

I have an alpine screen in my car had one for about 7 years.I like it.
    I would buy another if this one goes wrong.

It wont play dvd's while your driving if its a front screen.This can be reworked so it will but is not reccomended.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Gary_m – yes, IIRC that'll be it for AM/FM.

There'll be a lot of car owners driving around listening to cassettes from the 80s!

mboy
    Free Member

Had an Alpine one a couple of years ago, was a very nice piece of kit. MUCH better than the Pioneer ones I've seen, both in terms of quality and ease of use. Was very intuitive to use, and generally a nice piece of kit, though of course being Alpine, it wasn't cheap…

Rik
    Free Member

Anybody own one of the JVC ones?

As like i say they seem quite a bit cheaper than the others (last years model), got the brochure and they look good.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Posh Car Audio Systems – Anybody have 7 inch screen/dvd combo thing – Views?’ is closed to new replies.