Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Poser #2
  • Cougar

Following up from this poser,

Here’s the scenario:

A divine force has given you the sole right to determine which 50 animal species will survive for another 2,000 years. There’s a heavy weight on your shoulders, because all the other species not necessary for a stable sustainable ecosystem will almost certainly bite the bullet.

Here’s the poser:

Are human beings on your list? Why?

jackthedog
    Free Member

Most certainly not.

RealMan
    Free Member

Yes, given another 2000 years, people might think of me as Jesus (only cooler).

camo16
    Free Member

Philconsequence is on my list.

🙂

PJM1974
    Free Member

Yes, but only with a dramatically reduced population.

I’d start by culling anyone who uses the word “colourway”.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

You’d have to be on the list – otherwise a divine force giving you choice would be meaningless.

RealMan
    Free Member

, because all the other species not necessary for a stable sustainable ecosystem will almost certainly bite the bullet.

That’s a bit vague too. Are we not necessary? If we all died off suddenly, the ecosystem would change drastically, would it not?

philconsequence
    Free Member

Bromance initiated

Cougar

You’d have to be on the list – otherwise a divine force giving you choice would be meaningless.

The other species wouldn’t die out in your lifetime. Unless you’re pulling me up on theological reasons, in which case you’re missing the point of a hypothetical question.

Are we not necessary?

Are we? The planet did alright for a long time before we turned up. It’d change, sure, but that’s a given with any species.

camo16
    Free Member

Bromance initiated

Dude I told you never to show that photo to ANYBODY. EVER. Still, you’re looking fine, bro!

** Gnashes teeth, strokes moustache, tickles nipple **

RealMan
    Free Member

It’d change, sure, but that’s a given with any species.

Really? If you wiped out the pandas, I don’t think much would change. Apart from a few environmentalists getting a bit huffy. If you wipe out humans, you have massive global change. And he did say “stable”..

philconsequence
    Free Member

careful, you know i’ve got sensitive nipples.

and we dont want to excite the slugs you should be writing about 8)

bigyinn
    Free Member

PJM1974 – Member

Yes, but only with a dramatically reduced population.

I’d start by culling anyone who uses the word “colourway”.
    Including yourself it would seem, given what you just wrote ^^^.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Human beings wouldn’t be on my list. I don’t believe human beings will last another 2000 years (environmental changes), so it would be a waste.

I choose the species most able to cope with drastic changes to the environment.

RealMan
    Free Member

Human beings wouldn’t be on my list. I don’t believe human beings will last another 2000 years (environmental changes), so it would be a waste.

RTFQ 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Poser #2’ is closed to new replies.