• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Portugese supermarket bike bloke – he won!
  • atlaz
    Free Member

http://giantbicycleglobal.pinkbike.com/blog/Ride-Giant-Ride-Whistler-Video-Contest-Winner.html

And for anyone who missed the video, it’s on that page. Even better, rather than just a frame, they’re giving him a full bike as well as the trip to Whistler.

MSP

The story is a setup, its good and tugs at the heart string, but its fiction.

tinsy
    Free Member

Looks like he deserved that win… 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

MSP – Member
    The story is a setup, its good and tugs at the heart string, but its fiction.

That face plant was quite a stunt then.

I’m glad he won, its a good film

MSP

The crash was real,the story that he had been riding only that bike since he was 13 isn’t.

Still a good film and deserving winner, and it obviously worked on an emotional level.

atlaz
    Free Member

MSP – Any evidence of that or just a good dose of STW cynicism?

MSP

OK its a crappy old supermarket bike and I can see that he rides in a manner that brakes crappy old supermarket bikes, in fact it broke while filming (its a miracle I tell you).

Seeing as its a film, clearly choreographed and finished to a fairly decent level, it would be a fairer question to ask what evidence is there that the back story is true.

This is not a criticism of the film and it is a deserving winner.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Portugese supermarket bike bloke – he won!’ is closed to new replies.