Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Portugal Family Holiday
  • paulx
    Free Member

Ok – just booked flights to Porto for a week in July as Porto is the only place we can fly to from La Rochelle – which is where we are spending week 2 of the holiday. We are driving down France and leaving the car in LaRochelle.

Me and the wife and one teen – the flights were only 180Euro in total for 3 of us so it seemed silly not to book.

Got no accommodation as yet, will book a hire car. Planning on Lisbon for a couple of days but looking for ideas – bit of beach time, bit of interesting stuff to see, nice local food etc. Broadly Porto to Lisbon area.

I know I could look it up on the internet but it seems the accepted way is just to ask the ST collective.

What d’ya know?

dadbike
    Free Member

Between Porto and Lisbon you could look at Coimbra (medieval city), Condexia(Roman ruins), Montemor(medieval castle) and I’m sure there’s lots more on the history/culture side of things. Figuera de Foz, Nazare, Peniche, Ericeira for the beach/seaside.

mogrim

Another vote for Coimbra, I spent a long weekend there last Easter and it was great. Although I could probably have seen all of it in a day, it’s fairly small. Sintra (near Lisbon) is another place worth visiting.

paulx
    Free Member

Cheers – I’ll take a look.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Portugal Family Holiday’ is closed to new replies.