Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Portsmouth to Cherbourg
  • bubs

Has anyone been from Portsmouth to France recently and are there any Dover-Calais style problems?

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

About a month ago and no issues or hint of them

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

we recently did the Portsmouth to Caen crossing both ways without any problems, we returned home on 4th July and things were kicking off in Calais at that time.I think the fact that there aren’t many crossings on the longer routes makes them less susceptible to trouble. There was a report of a stowaway being found in a caravan wardrobe after a Cherbourg to Portsmouth crossing however but that happens occasionally anyway I think.

Sven

Portsmouth to Le Havre return last week and no problems either way.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Portsmouth Le Havre Saturday and no issues

ohnohesback
    Free Member

You’ll have to pass through a shanty town of desperate people on your way to the port, but once through Portsmouth you should be alright.

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

I stayed on Hayling Island the night before my ferry–I know there’s only one road on & off but where on earth does all the traffic go to? there was a constant stream past the campsite for most of the time I was there.

burko73

I reckon and refugee that arrives in portsmouth would have a good think about what hes just done and then try and get on a truck axle back to France….

tinybits
    Free Member

Came through Cherbourg (Poole ferry) about 3 weeks ago. No issues at all.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Portsmouth to Cherbourg’ is closed to new replies.