Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Portsmouth area people; fancy a day trip to Afan this Thurs?
  • mattbee

Am going up to Afan this Thursday (15th) to meet a couple of friends for a day’s riding. A mixture of manmade and natural stuff guided by a local.
    There were 3 of us in the car travelling up from Portsmouth but one has dropped out. Will still go with just 2 of us but obviously 3 in the car makes it cheaper for all. See; you don’t even need to drive!
    I will be leaving my house in Bedhampton at 6am to collect the other chap from Denmead. Can either pick up or you could come to mine, off road parking available!

slackalice
    Free Member

Great offer, thanks mattbee, I’d love to but unfortunately working this Thurs. Another time mebbe?

Lifer
    Free Member

Damn, bit early for me to get down that way, have a good one though!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Arrrghh! I’d have been up for that but work commitments mean otherwise. Mind you it would mean leaving the Island at Silly O’clock to get over to Pompey for 6! Enjoy your day! Git.

mattbee

Judging by the response, I may well do this again one Thursday next month if more notice means more people. I can take 2 passengers in ‘comfort’ or 3 at a squeeze, unless anyone has a 3 bike towbar rack (mine is 2) in which case I reckon I could get 5 of us in the Disco…
    Still a space for tomorrow if you fancy bunking off work….. 😛

bigyinn
    Free Member

I really dont need this sort of temptation gaddamn it! 👿

StefMcDef
    Free Member

How long does it take to get to Afan?

DezB
    Free Member

Few hours!
    I’m up for it next time with a bit more notice!
    Singletrackmind’s in Chamonix, otherwise I’m sure he’d be in. I’ll email him anyway, but don’t think he’s back yet.

mattbee

3.5 hours from Pompey, so leve at 6am, there and riding by 10. Time for a nice lunch break at Skyline midway through.
    Am working 3pm ’til 11pm this eve but any interest just email (in profile) and I can sort something out….

superfli
    Free Member

Should be a good full day of riding. Last day trip I did to Afan, and the chaps I was with only did 1 lap of Whites!! Arrrggghh, all that way lol!

jambalaya
    Free Member

3.5 hours from Portsmouth, thats some pace !

mattbee

Well, the local we are meeting is recovering from an op on his wrist so will prob just do the ‘locals’ route but the other chap is doing lejog soon & is fit as funk so likely to be up for more. Bit of a waste going all that way just for one loop…
    It’s 200 miles from Pompey so 3.5 hours is easily done. Most of it is motorway.

superfli
    Free Member

The other chap is me Matt 😆
    Or is there another chap we are meeting?

mattbee

Another. 4 total.

mattbee

Another. 4 total.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Portsmouth area people; fancy a day trip to Afan this Thurs?’ is closed to new replies.