Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Portes Du Soleil – Best Riding?
  • ade9933
    Free Member

Hi,

Will be heading out to Les Gets in August and wondering what are the best runs / bits not to be missed?

Not in to full on DH / massive drops or hugs gaps but fairly gnar and techy is great.

Also any particular bits for 9 / 10 yr old kids on rented on FS bikes in body armour with too much energy (who generally like the reds) out there.

And then looking for rides for ginger mums & smaller kids who like sedate rides by the sides of the river.

I know Les Gets a bit but of there are other linked areas we shouldn’t miss?

We went last year and had the usual mix of weather so most of my personal riding time was scoping stuff out for the kids / fambo then re-executing it with them so any pre-home work would be useful.

Thanks,

A

ade9933
    Free Member

Nice one – thanks. I struggled to find books last time round.

timidwheeler

There is a bikefax one as well which is quite old. I also saw this on Amazon but I don’t know if it’s any good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/3905916355/ref=pd_aw_sim_sbs_14_of_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=61Dm2lUR2qL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_SL500_SR100%2C100_&refRID=HT7P1V4RRCQ0J82DJV0R

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

And then looking for rides for ginger mums

errr…this bit needs man-splaining

ade9933
    Free Member

errr…this bit needs man-splaining

the Mrs like the trails a bit closer to 0% gradient than 20% mate.

There is a little trail down by the side of the river which goes in an out of the woods and has picnic stops. This suits her. Some hills are fine but in the alps gradient is spelt GGGRRRADIENT so she takes it pretty easy 🙂

Great link to that other thread…. thanks Lowey. Not sure how I missed that one.

and thanks for the book links again timidwheeler.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m glad you don’t have a secret ginger wife, that would have been awkward at the next get-together.

My knowledge is a bit out of date, but you’d enjoy Chatel Bike Park (can’t remember if you have been there before).

ade9933
    Free Member

lol. cheers mate.

Shh don’t tell the brunette wife!

I’ve ordered that book recommended above but might well tap you up for a cool route from Les Gets over to Chatel as ‘No’ I’ve not been there before. Just Les G and a bit of Morzine. I quite fancy a bit of that this year if the weather is kind enough though.

A

nigew
    Free Member

The ride to Morzine from Les Gets (PDS route) may suit the children and the new Reds and Blues from the top of Zore are good.
    The route from Zore over to Avoriaz (top of Linderets) and back may suit the ‘ginger wife’ 😉

Chatel is good but check some of the routes down before sending the kids down, they can get steep in places.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Portes Du Soleil – Best Riding?’ is closed to new replies.