Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Portable/back jersey pocket iPhone (6) chargers
  • munkster
    Free Member

Been thinking about getting a portable charger for when out and about (prob for the back jersey pocket or toolkit most of the time) and saw this…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-5200mAh-Portable-External-Technology/dp/B00P8SY7HQ/

…anyone know of anything that might beat it? As long as it would do one charge that’d be enough for me. TIA as always.

kiwijohn

i’ve got a Cygnett. The built in cable is handy.

CountZero

It’s made by Anker, that’s really all you need to know, their stuff is first-class.
    For just a bit extra, and free postage, I’d go up to this one:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B019GJLER8?psc=1
    10,000mAh, so roughly double the charges for less than double the price.

munkster
    Free Member

Thanks both. Those look a little less jersey-pocket-friendly s’all and as I say I’m unlikely to need it to have more than one charge in it (and even then just to rescue it from the 10-20% charge netherworld to something usable).

A built in cable does look handy though I’ll grant you 😉

Looks like the one I spotted is about right so far…

kiwijohn

The Cygnett is very pocket friendly. About half the size of your phone & just as thin.

munkster
    Free Member

Is it £12.99 though? 😉

kiwijohn

I’ve got no idea.

munkster
    Free Member

Rhetorical question. Your link took me to something costing $50 or so, that’s all. Thanks though, I won’t rule out a “buy cheap buy twice” lesson being learned in the near future of course!

nickdavies

I’ve got those in a couple of sizes and they’re great but to me they’re too big and heavy for a jersey pocket. If you just want to rescue your phone get one of the lipstick ones.

2500mah will fully charge an iPhone.

munkster
    Free Member

I’ve got those in a couple of sizes and they’re great but to me they’re too big and heavy for a jersey pocket.

Which ones are you referring to? My link or the ones off the others?

RichPenny
    Free Member

You can get disposable single use ones for a few quid, saw them in the co-op earlier.

stevemorg2

I’ve a couple of the ones linked to by the OP – great pices of kit – perfect for an overnight trip and easty to carry – yiu cant go wrong at that price

benp1

I keep a battery pack and charging cable in the commuting bag just in case. Phone ran out of juice the other day on a longer ride (I also listen to music). Battery pack charges phone via cable and all fits in a jersey pocket fine. Definite winner

Bigger battery packs have more capacity but a small one will give you at least one charge which sounds like all you need/want

martinhutch

I’ve got one of those. Bombproof, tiny and you can get a couple of charges out of it.

atlaz
    Free Member

I use one of these (mophie power station plus mini)

Has microusb and lightening connectors built in, it’s slim and fits in my phone carry case. In theory I can charge two devices simultaneously if I bring a cable along but I’ve not bothered trying as I don’t have a male-to-male cable lying around.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Portable/back jersey pocket iPhone (6) chargers’ is closed to new replies.