Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Portable pressure washers
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

I used a mates mobi v17 yesterday and it just about cleans the bike off. I don’t have an outside tap and often load the bike in the car so something like that would be great for car park and home washing.

Can’t quite afford one at the moment so how do the manual pump action ones compare power wise? Wouldn’t want much less than the mobi really

jairaj

If you want to just stand there and let the water jet do the work, you need something reasonably powerful and around 5 litres of water per bike and I don’t think a handpump one will clean the bike sufficiently when the bike is filthy and the mud is sticky.

But if you don’t mind getting stuck in with a brush and just use water to loosen the mud then you can easily get away with a hand pump and 2.5 litres of water even with a totally covered bike.

I have a washer similar to this washer.

I use a plastic jerry can to hold the water and use a spare 12v battery I have as the power source you can also use the car cigarette lighter socket.

Its not as powerful as a Nomad washer but if I attack the hard bits with the brush then I have no problems cleaning two filthy bikes with 5 litres of water.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I just use a decking sprayer to shift the muck, if its wet enough, it rarely has a problem removing it.

It was £8 from B&Q

benji
    Free Member

I used to use the pump up garden variety but it’s so much easier with a portable one. Don’t have an outside tap, but fill it from the rain water butt, the muc off pink wash is excellent once the bike is wet, little agitate and all clean. It’s also nice to take to an event, practice lap, clean the tyres off and you start with a fresher bike than some.

I use, yes it looks like k9 but it’s not heavy on the wallet.

http://www.tweekscycles.com/Product.do?method=view&n=3336&p=188110&d=124&c=4&l=2&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Base&utm_campaign=Lubricants%20&%20Cleaning&gclid=CJ7Mn5W-g8kCFYWfGwodtNQP0w

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

As said above they do the job OK ,would probably struggle if your trying to deal with the very stickiest of muds though and as an added bonus they make a very good tubeless tyre compressor 😀

zilog6128

I use, yes it looks like k9 but it’s not heavy on the wallet.

Looking like K9 is not a negative! Does it have a battery though or does it always need a 12v supply? Not quite my idea of “portable” if so!

Really like the look of the Nomad washers, but a) they’re expensive and b) OOS (with no indication of when they’ll be available)

dlr

I have no experience of them but I am considering one of the battery Mobi ones from CRC http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobi-v-17-portable-bike-pressure-washer/rp-prod46653

I had a dirtworker which was great for years as I had no outdoor tap at home but then my power supply died and when fixed found the dirt worker itself had. Struggled with a bucket for the summer but now want a portable washer again

zilog6128

I have no experience of them but I am considering one of the battery Mobi ones from CRC http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobi-v-17-portable-bike-pressure-washer/rp-prod46653

I did a search on here a while back and whilst some people like them a lot were complaining about build quality/reliability/longevity. That’s why I was looking at the Nomad – which is a fair bit more money, but I would be happy to pay that if it was twice as well made. Plus it has a proper, replaceable battery.

bumpy
    Free Member

I did a search on here a while back and whilst some people like them a lot were complaining about build quality/reliability/longevity. That’s why I was looking at the Nomad – which is a fair bit more money, but I would be happy to pay that if it was twice as well made. Plus it has a proper, replaceable battery.

I’ve got to say that I’ve read similar things about the Mobi but i’ve had mine for two or three years and it’s never missed a beat. Great piece of kit.

scandal42
    Free Member

My Mobi has broken at the part where the water carrier connects to the battery.

It snapped and now pisses water everywhere unless I’m really quick at filling and cleaning. I have to leave the bottom attached all of the time now.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I have the K9 looking Airace one and it is pretty good and a decent pressure. I too saw lots of people talking about mobi and even Nomad build quality, and from what I saw the Airace was better built.

I also bought one of those car battery jumper things ot power it when away from the car, but I have also just bought one of these from the CRC clearance sale :

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobi-power-pack/rp-prod87499

with an extra £10 off as I spent just over 75 on something the other day – only drawback is that it is NiMh I think.

vixalot
    Free Member

scandal42 mine snapped in the same place (under the o ring) 🙁 I managed to repaired it 🙂 superglued the top bit back on then a bit of epoxy glue around the joint, let it dry then put o ring back on.
    I also leave the bottom attached now just in case, no leaks 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Really like the look of the Nomad washers, but a) they’re expensive and b) OOS (with no indication of when they’ll be available)

+ 1 and they’ve been unavailable for nearly a year. Bring manufacturing back to the UK!!

zilog6128

I have the K9 looking Airace one and it is pretty good and a decent pressure. I too saw lots of people talking about mobi and even Nomad build quality, and from what I saw the Airace was better built.

Interesting. It’s a bit cheaper on Amazon than the link above and was as low as £66 in the summer so I’ve set up an alert on camelcamelcamel. Shame you’d have to use a separate battery with it though.

ferrals
    Free Member

I use one of the hozelock garden sprayers, got one after starting to race cross.

As has been said with a bit of brush work it does the trick. I’ve got a 5 litre one and it’s been working for the post practise lap clean, and the post race clean of both my legs and most of my bike.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

We bought 12v Mobiwash V15 from CRC, the trigger leaked, as did the replacement, but the third one was fine. I used an old Lipo Battery a 11.1v 5000 battery to make it fully mobile. Works really well.

bendertherobot
    Free Member

benji
    Free Member

Yes the airace(K9) does require external power, tend to plug it into my van leave the van running, wash bike and warm van to travel home in, fresh wet dirt is so much easier to get off than dried on.

mildbore

Be wary of using one as a compressor for tubeless, I did that and knackered the seals, too much pressure

jeremydcooper
    Free Member

Have been looking at getting one of these this week. Has anyone used the Aqua2pro Go like this one?

Aqua2pro Go

This one has a built in battery and holds 20 litres so seems best of both worlds

Cheers

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

[Be wary of using one as a compressor for tubeless, I did that and knackered the seals, too much pressure]
    Yeah I think the Orings don’t like running dry for too long-I strip and service mine now again-doddle to do,slick honey on the O rings/seals and a squirt of suspension oil has kept it purring sweetly for around 4 years.

zilog6128

Have been looking at getting one of these this week. Has anyone used the Aqua2pro Go like this one?

Aqua2pro Go

This one has a built in battery and holds 20 litres so seems best of both worlds

CheersThe main unit looks exactly the same as the Mobi v17 to me although the accessories are different. Reviews on Amazon seem decent but looking through quickly you get a lot of people using it once or twice & declaring it the best thing ever – couldn’t see any long-term opinions. It can be had a lot cheaper than the link you posted though if you shop around. The fact that it’s a generic unit would put me off personally.

mick_r

We tried a pump up thing last CX season and it wasn’t very good. Somebody let us use an Airace one and was impressed enough to get our own for this year.

Go Outdoors sell them and will price match any internet price and then another 10% on top – so got ours for well under £80.

Our van sockets are a hassle (auto off and economy modes kick in) so I run it off a small 12V lead acid gel battery from CPC (I already had a charger so under £20 to diy battery + butty box + fuse + cig.socket).

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Portable pressure washers’ is closed to new replies.