Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • portable pressure washer any good?, where to buy?
  • skeff10
    Free Member

As in electric/car charger type,worth it? And if so, where to buy cheap?

bumper
    Free Member

If it’s for a couple of bikes, do it the cheapskate way.

Buy a garden sprayer 😀

That’s what I take when I’m in the van, cleans the bikes a treat with some car wash/wax mixed in. Not enough power to knacker any bearings either.

creamegg
    Free Member

Mobi washer does the job just fine. Enough water for 3 bikes (unless its really sticky mud) and enough but not too much power

Northwind

I’ve got an old Mobi, I’ve not used it that often tbh but it’s been good. Does sometimes slosh out a bit of water in the car, though, the cap’s not very watertight

skeff10
    Free Member

Cheers fellas, northwind, are you looking to sell it on or just commenting on its performance? If you are looking to sell, drop me a mail with the price you had in mind. Skeffian@yahooDOTcoDotuk Cheers

Karl33to
    Free Member

I bought an old Whale water pump off eBay and made my own, came in about £35 all in and the pressure is good enough to get a decent clean.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Mobi .. The bigger one in CRC, spot on.

breninbeener

My 5l garden sprayer is great. Cheap too!

mudmuncher

I’ve got this one…..

Works well.

goodgrief
    Free Member

I have this one
    http://www.superpowertools.co.uk/product/pressure-washer-12v-rechargeable/pw1712/23457/?promoid=23723&gclid=Cj0KEQjwn4iiBRDFh76wlfCVuYABEiQAwWJ1IjnoJH5EjVK7G1ellKi8YBAzCpQWCJ6867BhDQOgmRoaAlb_8P8HAQ

My bike has loads of nooks and crannies around the linkage and if the mud is think it would take me several buckets of water to clean manually. This does it in one fill normally, two if it’s really bad. Battery lasts a long time and plugs into the fag lighter if needed.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Airace version is very good. Better than the Mobi and older dirtworker.
    Nomad washers get good reviews as well.

simon_g

Had a dirtworker, it was in the back of my car when it was stolen and replaced with a Nomad (same company I think) without much thought.

I don’t have an outside tap so it gets used for everything – car, motorbike, etc too. Not powerful enough to just blast and have a clean bike but a quick rinse, then bit of Muc-Off or similar and a brush (particularly in the hard to reach bits) and another rinse is enough for them to come up great.

Not cheap but last pretty well and the customer service is great. I’d sent mine back as I thought it was dead, actually my 12v socket was. They tested it was working but also stripped and serviced it before sending back. And didn’t call me a numpty in the process 😀

timmys

The customer service for my Dirtworker was as good as I’ve ever received from any company, so purely on that I’d opt for a Nomad as it’s the same guy distributing them.

cinnamon_girl

Nomad currently out of stock. Hoping that it will be better than my Dirtworker that saw little use and still managed to break for the second time.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Airace is better than the mobi for pressure and fittings, from comments I saw when looking and from seeing one compared to my Airace.

I run it from a Clarks battery booster/jump thingy rather than the car.

DaveRambo

I’ve got a Nomad. The 18V cordless one.

Not cheap but had it for 3 or 4 years now and it’s been great and still works as well as when I first got it.

The tank will clean one really muddy bike (think bad Mayhem year) and several bikes in normal mud.

I keep it in the garage with several 5l bottle to re-fill it to save getting the hose out. Take it with me most places and it has a car cig lighter for when the battery goes.

Northwind

@skeff, going to keep it I think

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘portable pressure washer any good?, where to buy?’ is closed to new replies.