• This topic has 112 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • Portable Pizza oven Uuni
  • Drac
    jp-t853

My wife said she was going to buy the Aldi special so I decided to look for one where the fire is lit in the oven chamber.

This is supposed to be a factory second, the two side trays had some paint bubbling, so I thought it would need a rub and stove paint but they sent an extra two perfect one?

Very easy to light and beyond 350 degrees in a couple of minutes

Fist time it needs 30 minutes of high heat before using so I think we let the temperature get a bit low as it dropped back to about 350 degrees when we were using it. Cook times were about 3.5 minutes so will aim to be hotter next time.

Should have turned the pizza half way through as it burnt a bit at the back.

Temperature took over two hours to drop from 250 degrees to 180 degrees so it will be good as a bread oven too. Pretty happy for £200

Drac

Looks good and at £200 isn’t a bad price at all.

MikeG

They look like good pizzas, very tempted with one of them now – how big is the oven area? Be nice to make 14″ish pizza

jp-t853

we used a tray that was 13.5″ wide and it just fits through the gap

dmorts

I have an Uuni and tried it out tonight. Making the dough was a bit rushed so not best but overall the results were great.

Couple of question though, what do you do with the scoop? Is it supposed to stay in and cap the hopper while the oven is lit?

Two, how does the hopper adjustment regulate heat?

I think I didn’t put enough pellets in overall.

bruneep

Scoop stays in pellet tube I try and keep the tube half full.

The higher the tube is the hotter it gets, hotter is not always good. I preheat mine for about 10-15 mind on the middle height then drop to lowest.

Don’t overload pizza with toppings.
    The unni facebook group is a good information source.

timmys

What he said. Would also recommend watching all of Uuni’s vids on you tube.

frogstomp

Don’t know what they’re like but Groupon have these on offer at the moment. If you use new customer discount (£10) and Quidco (5%) they work out at just over £100.

I got one of the Bakerstone BBQ top boxes a couple of weeks ago – decent reviews and worked out at £35 with discounts, so worth a punt. Need to buy a new BBQ though now as mine is too small.. 😳

hb70

Good tips OP on the height of the tube. Mine is often too hot I think and can singe the edges in 90 seconds. I need it a little bit cooler most of the time.

Other learning
    -use 10/20% semolina flour.
    -drain mozzarella well. Its often too wet
    -drain everything well
    -less is more ingredients wise
    -quality of ingredients worth spending on.

Overall love it. We did a party where I made 20 over the course of a couple of hours. Worked really well.

Smoked salmon, mozzarella and rocket was best received topping.

That is all

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Hb70 – I take mozzarella out of the packets a couple of hours before, pop in a sieve and place a plate and a mahoosively heavy pestle and mortar on top. Job jobbed.

momo

I’m working from home today, sat anxiously waiting for couriers to deliver my new Uuni2s (anniversary pressie from the wife) our new inflatable tent ready for our trip this weekend and some shorts MrsMomo has ordered for herself, I am under no illusion that the ones which won’t turn up are the Uuni because I really want it and the tent so that I have to take my old worn out one this weekend! I’m sure she’ll be happy in her new shorts though!

mrblobby
    Free Member

our new inflatable tent ready

Uuni and a new tent on my shopping list! What tent did you go for?

momo

Uuni and a new tent on my shopping list! What tent did you go for?

This one from Decathlon, we already have a decent large tent, but it’s a bit of a pain for short weekend trips, this was cheap enough for a punt. Had a look at one in store a while ago and was impressed.

momo

Well it finally arrived today, Interlink Express are a complete shower of…Was delivered to the wrong address, they even took a photo of the front door where they’d left it and then proceeded to argue that they’d delivered it safely no matter how many times I said that it was not my house! Thankfully the nice man from down the road brought it round this afternoon and we were able to celebrate our anniversary as we’d planned.

So assembly was nice and easy and I was dispatched to the shop for some nice meats and cheeses while MrsMomo knocked up a couple of pizza bases (she is coeliac so two different recipes were required)

[url=https://flic.kr/p/JT2qMd]Pizza time[/url] by Matt Cotterill, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/K3dNMx]Pizza time[/url] by Matt Cotterill, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/JT2sNN]Pizza time[/url] by Matt Cotterill, on Flickr

Happy with my first pizza, in hindsight it needed a bit longer warming up, was turned every 30s, definitely need more practice at the turning as was losing heat from having the door open for too long on each turn.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/J6Pzfv]Pizza time[/url] by Matt Cotterill, on Flickr

And not bad for Gluten free, cooked quicker this one, I was a bit better with the paddle.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/K3dM92]Pizza time[/url] by Matt Cotterill, on Flickr

Will have a proper outing on Sunday as we’re having a few people round for my birthday.

All in all very happy, think this marks the end of takeaway pizza in the Momo household!

scott19
    Free Member

Hey Matt,

That pizza looks delicious! Really impressive for a first try.

Do you have a recipe for your Gluten Free pizza?

I see Uuni now have a sizzler pan. Thinking it could be a great addition. Anyone else got one or tried it? It’s pretty reasonably priced but it’s always nice to see what others think.

S

glodge
    Free Member

Cuckooland have the uuni 2 for £149.99. They also have a £10 off deal if you order 3 Uuni items meaning you get a oven, peel and pellets for £172.45!!!!

Link

Drac

Had it in my basket but I’m at work. Just found a spare 5 minutes to order it and now out of stock.

glodge
    Free Member

Best £172.45 I’ve ever spent……

bruneep

Wait until you buy a mixer to mix and knead the dough, IR thermometer and caputo flour.

Then there is the 24-48 hr proving method

Steaks are also fantastic

get on the facebook group UNNI

I use this for the quantities http://www.pizzacreator.net/ don’t add as much salt as it says tho.

Use semolina to transfer from peel to oven doesn’t burn as much as flour

bruneep

Tonight’s effort

Drac

So it was you glodge that stole it from my basket. 😐

bruneep

Nah! had mine almost a yr now

glodge
    Free Member

I bought mine before posting on here Drac. :-). I’m not that stupid

Rule no1 when it comes to pizza. Only think of ones self.

chewkw
    Free Member

Since you lot are into pizza may I ask what do they sprinkle on top of the pizza? I don’t mean cheese or salt or sugar … what exactly? MSG? 😮

I am not a pizza person but recently bought some Tesco discounted ones (past the sell-by date) to try which turn out to be not bad and taste fine.

piemonster

recently bought some Tesco

You disgust me, get out.

Drac

MSG?

Dear God.

chewkw
    Free Member

piemonster – Member
    You disgust me, get out.

:mrgreen:

Drac – Moderator

MSG?

Dear God.

What do they sprinkle exactly ? I seem to remember seeing some freshly made ones with the guy sprinkling something … :mrgreen:

Drac

Other than the topping nothing.

chewkw
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    Other than the topping nothing.

No, that cannot be … hmmm … I need see my local pizza guy making them this week. Very popular pizza stall inside Grainger market. 😯

Drac

You asked what we out on top not the guy in the Grainger Market.

Oh wait you did say they.

I’ve no idea as never seen a pizza place put anything but the topping on.

chewkw
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    You asked what we out on top not the guy in the Grainger Market.

Oh wait you did say they.

I’ve no idea as never seen a pizza place put anything but the topping on.

Just curious so I will check it out … 😛

Drac

I’ve still to try there.

Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Portable Pizza oven Uuni’ is closed to new replies.