Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Portable HDDs
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Sunday night panic from mrs t-r when her HDD went into im not working mode – lucky for her i made back ups of it to her laptop when i reformated and reinstalled last week

Ive identified the problem the usb plug is fubar – wouldnt be so bad but its less than 6 months old buffalo drive which will be sent back as it is stored in a case with the cable unplugged (after she trashed her last one by leaving the usb plugged in but even that lasted 2 years ! )

going to pissyworld/currys/a.n.other retailer in town tonight as she needs it daily – whats robust these days ? – i have a lacie rugged my self and its been excellent but they are not availible in town.

failing that – can anyone recomend a robust case that i can stick the existing 2.5″ HDD in ….

quickly before she trashes my lacie 😉

cranberry
    Free Member

I’ve used a few IcyBox HDD enclosures over the years and found them good, but then again I am not a particularly “breaky” sort of user.

nickjb
    Free Member

I’ve got a few. The cheapy ebay ones is the flimsiest and the western digital passport the toughest but they are all still going fine. Have a look in Tesco/Asda/etc if you have a big one near by as they have some good prices.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Portable HDDs’ is closed to new replies.