Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Portable ECG machines
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I’ve got to have one fitted tomorrow, for 24 hours.

Has anyone here had one before? Can I continue to cycle etc? Do they get in the way?

TrekEX8
    Free Member

Had one last month, mine had 3 leads, didn’t really notice it to be honest.. You could go cycling, but you can’t shower afterwards – whiffy!

mikey74
    Free Member

Ok, that’s cool. The letter did say no showering. Fortunately it’s not far from the hospital to work so I shouldn’t smell too badly.

GregMay
    Free Member

Depends on the model, some are quite small, others a bit bulky. I’ve used them in the past for research, they didn’t stop me doing anything I’d normally do.

ourmaninthenorth

Do anything you’d normally do, including riding your bike. You can shower – just unplug and don’t get the pads on your chest wet. Plug the unit back afterwards (leads are usually colour-coded) and make a note in the diary they give you.

perchypanther
    Free Member

You can shower – just unplug and don’t get the pads on your chest wet.

Job’s a good ‘un. 😀

cheers_drive

I’ve had one fitted on 3 occasions over the past few years, no issues with long sweaty rides. Just put the monitor in a sandwich bag when having a (careful shower).
    I now have an implanted one so I don’t need to worry about getting it wet.

alwillis

Had one last month, went for a 3 hr mtb ride and was fine- the box clipped nicely to my bibs. One thing I did find useful was wearing a tight base layer to keep it all in place.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Portable ECG machines’ is closed to new replies.