Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Portable compressor
  • orangespyderman

Does STW have an endorsed brand of portable compressor. I already have a proper one for air tools, spraying etc, but wondered if there was a cheap portable you could recommend. Main duties would be blowing dust/dirt off and seating tubeless tyres. Preferably 12V, but mains would work at a pinch.

Any thoughts?

zilog6128

If it was just for tubeless tyres I’d recommend an Airshot instead. Got one recently & I actually prefer using it to the compressor, much more convenient & just as quick.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    twisty

Would it be practical for you to fill your existing air compressor with air and take it with you.
    Or could use an old fire extinguisher to store compressed air.

orangespyderman

Would it be practical for you to fill your existing air compressor with air and take it with you.
    Or could use an old fire extinguisher to store compressed air.

Not really. When I say a proper one it’s a PROPER one – weighs a ton and is more or less installed permanently in the garage.

Agree re:airshot for seating tyres but not the rest.

deadkenny
    Free Member

blowing dust/dirt

Brush?

orangespyderman

Brush?

Yeah. I guess I’m lazy, and that’s true, but a good blow (ahem) with a compressor is a) a lot quicker b) a lot more effective in my opinion (though probably won’t be so with a 12V jobby) c) intensely gratifying.

But yes, based on replies here I probably do need an airshot and a brush 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Portable compressor’ is closed to new replies.