Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • portable bike washer
  • jedi

im after a portable jet washer thingy that works off a cigarette charger.

any recomends or links?

simon_g

My dirtworker is ace.

MrTall
    Free Member

Very happy with my Dirtworker also although there are several generic copies available now which all appear similar. If Wiggle or Merlin do one they both have reductions on everything at the moment. 5% on Merlin at that price range and £10 of on £50+ spend on Wiggle until tomorrow.
    £20 on £100+
    Mine was only £50 although many people got hold of them for £25. Most seem to be around £80-£90.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Mine too, has done a great job of the DH bike at a few filthy races in the last couple of years. One full tank will do a reasonable job of a very dirty DH bike.
    http://www.gravity-slaves.co.uk/?a=422

It also did an OK job on my MX bike last winter, just needed an extra barrel of water!

racefaceec90

i am also interested in a portable washer.sorry to sound like an idiot,but can you run a dirtworker off the mains as well? (i don't have a car)

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Not directly. You'd need a 240V to 12V adaptor.

Or check out the Dirtworker site, they are doing a battery powered one soon, that might charge off 240V.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I've got a Mobi.

Olly
    Free Member

are they noticebly/80quid better than one of these?

im in the market for something that means i can clean bikes before putting them back in the car soon :s as new flat has no outside space!

smurf
    Free Member

Like my dirtworker. A wanted ad on STW should turn up a few.

smurf

gravity-slave
    Free Member

The pump up spray looses pressure quickly so performance drops off. It doesn't deliver nearly as much water flow. I did use one a few times ages ago and gave up.

Dirtworker doesn't need pumping and also holds 3x as much water.

An electric washer is much more convenient. Only you know if that's worth the cash but I'd say yes.

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah I found the pump up sprays to be pretty useless, Dirtworker seemed pretty good when I tried one (not as powerful as a mains jetwash but it's powerful enough for cleaning bikes).

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Dirtworker for me, well handy at bike events between laps that kind of thing.. 😀 everyone's bike is covered, mine looks like new 😆

jedi

sweet. got my lbs to order one 🙂
    nomad

lovewookie

I have a dirtworker, it's great, though not used it in a while, tend to use it for what it was bought for originally, cleaning boots and groundwater monitoring equipment.

Cheaper option would be a 12V whale pump, bit of hose and a garden hose nozzle in a 25l container. not as nice a package, but effective. (yes I say that to all the girls…)

robgarrioch

I've had the same 10 ltr hozelock pump-spray for 11 or 12 years, easily the most used tool in the garage. Plus easy to transport with you, just need a sponge / long handled paintbrush + a little cleaner & I find it plenty to get clean enough for putting back in the car. Not to mention using it on all the cars & motorbikes I've had… Had to replace the hose a year ago, but parts are very cheap.

stumpy01

Yeah – Dirtworker here!

I always try & remember to take a couple of brushes with me whenever I use it as the water goes loads further if you give everything a bit of a brush as you're spraying it.
    3 clean bikes with general 'not too sticky' mud is possible.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I had a dirtworker, now have a Mobi.

Mobi beats the dirtworker hands down in every way.
    More powerful and more adjustable. 12v and 240v out of the box. Lockable wheels are quite handy as well.

Both are miles better than a garden sprayer.

PePPeR

We have trialled Mobi and Dirtworker for work, our engineers use them every day, the one we ended up with is the Mobi, its more useable.

glenncampbell

I have a mobi and it's great – works off the car 12v and the mains power supply, so very useful indeed!! Try and use a garden sprayer at mayhem or SITS and you'll see why the Mobi is better

GaryLake
    Free Member

Dirtworker +1, two years old and the gun failed and they replaced it FOC inc postage – win!

Stripe
    Free Member

Tony – go for the dirtworker – i have one of the gardena pump sprayers in the shop and it doesnt deliver enough power. Its ok on the light deposits but no good for the heavy cruddy clay we have round here.

I usually end up at the local jet wash – £2 ….. job done. 😀

spokebloke
    Free Member

+1 for the Mobi.
    And you gain a few 'friends' at the end of the ride who want to 'see what it's like'.

Better (but much slower) than a jetwash as it doesn't blast grease + oil out of every nook and cranny.

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

the Dirtworker is a top piece of kit – mines in the car all the time , clean bike, clean boots, clean dogs , better water pistol than all the kids,.

For biking – stick a can of GT85 and an old towel in with the Dirtworker and you're on a real winner , spray clean, wipe dry ,spray lube – job done.

the after sales service is second to none – i had the gun break (recognised problem with original design and it was a veteran of a couple of Mayhem,sits 24/12 hit the north events not to mention two or three uses a week at least) , sent them an email and a photo – few days later new design gun turns up totally FOC.

berni
    Free Member

mobi rechargeable has replaced my dirtworker and is better. Both mobi and dirtworker offer fantastic service

The-Tall-Man
    Free Member

Mobi here; I picked one up from Merlin with the winter discount at just over a ton. Had a go with one over christmas at Afan and was well impressed. Got the 17ltr one which you can charge up of the mains.

Chris_Cov_Cycles
    Free Member
    glenncampbell
    oldchestnut
    Free Member

I have a Dirtworker and a mate bought the Mobi. I don't know where Mobi get their figures from but the Dirtworker is more effective. The mobi is extremely noisey and far less powerful. In fact I could pee with more pressure. Plus the quality of the Dirtworker is much better – better tank, quality fittings. the twist and lock hose fittings on the Mobi aren't very positive and get slippery when wet. Plus you have to turn the whole hose!

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

+1 on the Dirt Worker, Its well handy for other things, in fact I took it to the beach in the summer and showered both kids off before they got in the car. Like all kids they like nothing more than getting wet rolling/digging in the sand and After a day sat in the car the water was like a warm shower. NICE 8)

andy@innerhaven
    Free Member

Mobi v17 works a treat for us 😀

cullen-bay
    Free Member

Mobi V17's are great.

knott4me
    Free Member

bought a dw & sold it to a mate when the mobi came out as i wanted the 12 volt option which dirtworker cannot be run on a 12 volt with the same power.

the mobi had a fault that whe nyou released the trigger it would need at least 5 minutes before it would work again.sent it back & bought another dw.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

+ 1Mobi 17lt and 12v battery – works really well.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Use dirtworker from van. Also rig up my 12 v emergency car starter if I need to use it at events.

Superb piece of kit.

I used a hand pumped pressure spray for years; limited success!!

mudpup
    Free Member

+1 Mobi here

oldchestnut
    Free Member

Nomad cordless now available from the Dirtworker site. They've also got some product comparisons with competitors that show the Dirtworker has more pressure than competitors' models though it doesn't say which is which!

http://www.dirtworker.co.uk/products/performance-tests.html
    [/url]

Chestnut

Onzadog
    Free Member

I've got a dirt worker and really rate it but for just under £25, how could I not?

Ewan
    Free Member

I have a dirtworking, very good, but i've not tried the others. But i'm unlikely to need to – the dirtworker is 3 years old and still working perfectly twice a week (it also survived being frozen solid in the back of my car – i had expected that to kill it).

Much better than a crapy pump up one…

oldchestnut
    Free Member

Pitmate

I just found this old link in my folders. It's the pitmate which was sold by Chain Reaction about 18 months ago. It's identical to the Mobi v15. So how come Mobi claim they spent two years developing it? sounds like they're telling

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=30136.

Seriously the Mobi just doesn't match the Dirtworker – sorry, guys. It's quite clear on the Dirtworker website that the Dirtworker itself produces about 50% more pressure than the competition.

mikertroid
    Free Member

My dirtworker stopped working the other day. Unbeknown to me I managed to blow the fuse on my Dirtworker, replaced it with another as a precaution: no joy.

E-Mailed Dirtworker (thinking I had a worse fault), who suggested I try a third fuse: success! Also had all my warranty details online.

However, they still sent me some spare fuses, an upgraded cap (with one-way valve to stop it sploshing into your boot on journeys through the breather holes) and some other goodies-all for nowt!

Can't argue with that.

WELL DONE DIRTWORKER!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘portable bike washer’ is closed to new replies.