• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by cp.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • portable Bike wash…£5.99??…opinions…
  • proflexforever
    Free Member

just seen this at argos.

5ltr Bike Wash

could be ok for a cheeky car park bike wash for “light” mud removal using a soft brush..
    Cheap!!!!!

madhouse

Crickey that’s cheap, for that price it’s worth a go.

AD

I use something similar from B and Q and its ok – just not as good as a Dirt Worker or whatever. I use it to shift the bulk of the muck off before putting bike in car/house.
    However I’m not too fussed about how shiney my bikes look – just that they work.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i used to use one [pressure pump version from a garden centre] and it works ok tbh

Still think a bucket would do just as well though and be quicker and easier

superfli
    Free Member

Balls I paid £25 not long ago from halfords (hoselock)!
    Its good, carefull of dirty water blocking spray attachment though. It works better withput attachment anyway-more power although uses more water. Better if it had a bigger volume

dantsw13

And I also use mine to inflate my tubeless tyres!!

maxtorque

I have one, and with a few mods it’s ok.

1) put a couple of washers under the pressure relief valve so you can get more pressue into it (as std, it’s pretty lame) (don’t blame me if you explode however!)
    3) take the small strainer mesh off the pick up, and open up a couple of the holes in the valve assy to let more water through.
    4) carefully open out the nozzle a bit (not much, just +15%)

With those mods it cleans a bike pretty effectively whilst it’s still wet with mud.

cp

Have been wondering about getting one, modify the pressure relief valve and then use a 12v car tyre compressor to pressurise the thing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘portable Bike wash…£5.99??…opinions…’ is closed to new replies.