• This topic has 306 replies, 103 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 307 total)
  • Porsche Macan
  • j5kol
    Free Member

Does anyone own one and if so what are your thoughts or optional extras you’d recommend

bearnecessities

This’ll go well.

Drac

Dear God man do you know what you have done?

scaredypants

😀

Get the hateproof glass, or is that standard ?

IHN

I didn’t know what it was.

I Googled.

Oh dear.

johnners
    Free Member

It’s like a slightly more unattractive Nissan Juke.

jimjam
    Free Member

Five pages.

footflaps

I think that’s a bit unfair on the Juke….

[url=https://flic.kr/p/9ZzbsR]Nissan Juke on two wheels @ Goodwood Festival of Speed[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

Drac

Impossible.

Wait that photo says otherwise.

tonyg2003

A friend of mine has one and really likes it although they are pretty small inside. He says that it’s a very nice drive.

Porsche optional extra’s? All expensive! Good multi function seats and LED lights are decent options. Being a Porsche you’ll probably have to pay for the rear wiper and sat nav.

FuzzyWuzzy

I think the Macan looks pretty good as far as SUVs go, they could have done the front grill a bit better though.

timc
    Free Member

Doesn’t it share a petform with the Audio Q5? Maybe I made that up, meant to drive & ride very well

P-Jay
    Free Member

FuzzyWuzzy – Member

I think the Macan looks pretty good as far as SUVs go, they could have done the front grill a bit better though.

Same here, it’s easily the nicest looking ‘SUV by a maker who shouldn’t make SUVs’ SUV.

One of my wife’s relatives has got one, no clue about the options you should get or avoid – I’d try Pistonheads for that, but she loves hers. Seems expensive for a Q5 clone, but then the Q5 is hardly cheap either.

larrydavid
    Free Member

I just googled it too. Wish I hadn’t.

100% douchemobile.

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP great car, had a long test drive in one. I have a Cayman S and it isn’t just marketing to say the drive was modelled on that car, except with more comfort and less noise (can be good and bad). If you want one worth buying now and getting price guaranty as it is bound to go up 10% sooner or later.

I will try and dig out the spec sheet we did with dealer and post a link here. We didn’t buy as petrol wait list was still 9 months and we did not want a diesel (2-3 months or cancelled orders for immediate delivery). Also as I keep cars 10 years we think a LHD might be more useful (wife French, lots of time spent in Alps, long road trips etc)

My preferences (main ones)

Petrol 🙂
    Panoramic Roof
    Dynamic Suspension
    Metallic

Other thoughts

Sports exhaust – stock car is very understated, I like listening to the car

Sat Nav we didn’t want but dealer will press you on that for “resale” I don’t have in my 9 year old car fwiw

matt_outandabout

Needs more buttons. Count them…. 😯

oafishb
    Free Member

If you want people to dislike you, just buy this instead. Simple:

johnners
    Free Member

If you want people to dislike you, just buy this instead

Gosh, that’s really quite unpleasant looking.

convert

I have a Cayman S

Why did you have to say that? You, of all people.

Trundles off to contemplate what new daft mid life crisis car to covet.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Seems expensive for a Q5 clone, but then the Q5 is hardly cheap either.

It’s a far superior car to Q5 imho and £10k cheaper than a Q7

@matt agreed that centre consol is a weak point of the car

oafishb
    Free Member

Gosh, that’s really quite unpleasant looking.

It’s worse from behind, Johnners. And the M version of it is…..quite remarkable. Ostentatious is a kind description.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Brother bought one for his wife and she seems to like it nice enough. Dont think shes managed to hit anything in it either which is quite good for her! He chose it so it must be fairly decent as he’s a huge snob about his cars and does millions of days of research before hand!

santacoops
    Free Member

Don’t see the point. Like its trying too hard to fit a gap in the market that doesn’t really exist.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Why did you have to say that? You, of all people.

Trundles off to contemplate what new daft mid life crisis car to covet.

My pride and joy, rather OCD with it. 40k mikes. Worth £18k now (more to me but plenty of nice ones for that or less).

A few STWers have them or have had in the past.

matt_outandabout

At least the buttons are all in similar places, unlike some that appear to have had a designer with shotgun full of buttons sat in back seat…..

jambalaya
    Free Member

Don’t see the point. Like its trying too hard to fit a gap in the market that doesn’t re

Smaller 4 door Porsche. Cayenne is Porsche’s best selling model like it or not (I don’t personally but understand others do)

ourmaninthenorth

Generally I view small SUVs as elevated hatchbacks.

That said, a colleague’s wife has one (he’s still got his old 997). Looks pretty mice – certainly nicer than a Q5 -but presumably comes with usual Porsche foibles (i.e. expensive options and unreliable).

In spite of having the wherewithal, I can’t bring myself to spend this much on any car!

Enjoy it if you get one and ignore the hysterical idiots Skoda Octavia drivers on here!

santacoops
    Free Member

Cayenne is Porsche’s best selling model like it or not

True, shame Porsche is losing its identity.

P-Jay
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

Don’t see the point. Like its trying too hard to fit a gap in the market that doesn’t re

Smaller 4 door Porsche. Cayenne is Porsche’s best selling model like it or not (I don’t)

This, it might seem odd to sports car fans, and frankly westerners, but it will out-sell 911s, Caymans and Boxsters collectively, probably a few times over.

philstone

My brother has a Macan S.

Everything is an optional extra, even the physical dipstick.. (yep, really..)

To be honest, I think there are much better value similar options out there that I’d consider before the Macan.

I actually quite like the new Jaguar F-Pace..

Sundayjumper

A lot of people will insist that already happened, in 1998.

DezB
    Free Member

I think the Macan looks pretty good, I’d never spend that much on a car though. And starting a “Ooh, look at me I’m thinking of getting a Porsche!” wouldn’t be high on my list of things-to-do either.

flange
    Free Member

jambalaya

If you want one worth buying now and getting price guaranty as it is bound to go up 10% sooner or later.

whoooaaa there….how has everyone missed this gem? So King Brexit admitting that prices are going to go up as a result of…..?

As to the car – had a test drive in one the other weekend. Not massive inside but did drive very nicely. However I think there’s a monumental waiting list for them which put us off. For similar money we got a second hand low mileage RS6 which is miles better (faster, more space, makes cool noises).

Also keep in mind that Porsche adopt the BMW model of customer service. When it goes wrong (and it will) it won’t be their fault in any shape or form. They’re bloody terrible for it.

leftyboy
    Free Member

Went to car fest south this year and sat in a Jaguar F-Pace, I’m 5′ 10″ (just) and sat behind a 5′ 10″ driver left me with a very very small amount of leg room.

For such a big car the inside is very tight/cramped.

My son plays a full size tuba nd the only car at car fest that we’d be able to fit it in and not totally fill the boot was a Volvo XC90, when I sat in the driver’s seat my son who is 6′ tall had loads of space when behind the driver seat.

I was hoping to buy something small and fun but….

aracer
    Free Member

Surprised it’s not already been mentioned, but I suggest you get the optional indicators.

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP I can’t find the spec sheet. As I said we didn’t actually buy. Have friends with one and they love it, sold 911 & Discovery to buy one car.

Just re-did it online from memory and it comes out at £6,600 options for £52,500 I think for a Macan S inc navigation (we piced it without)

Air suspension, panoramic roof, nav system, simple leather interior (small things like embossed headrests and coloured wheel insets I like), metallic, larger fuel tank (free). We wanted the active suspension for comfort on long journeys and also stuck with standard sized wheels for same reason.

Did not add expensive seat options, I have Bose in my car and only listen to the car, 5-Live or Radio 4 so spending on that is your preference

benp1

It’s not designed as a big car though is it? It’s a performance hatchback with higher suspension

Not driven one but the reviews on the way it drives are excellent

4 wheel drives usually give off the impression of being big, but there’s a lot of running gear in a 4 wheel drive

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

A parent at my sons school has one. Sounds lovely, but looks a bit as though a giant has stood on it.

I would try a Porsche forum or pistonheads for decent advice.

agent007
    Free Member

Does anyone own one and if so what are your thoughts or optional extras you’d recommend

Do they offer a normalised level of perceived self importance as an option? How about optional shares in a hair dressing salon? Optional advise how to not be an obnoxious little sh*t perhaps?

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve had a couple of Macans as courtesy cars while mine has been in for service.
    Good bits:
    Looks nice
    Handles very very well
    Goes like a rocket (in Turbo guise)
    Decent boot
    Gearbox fab

Bad bits:
    Only good for a family of 4 or less
    The S is not as fast as I thought it would be (but that’s comparing it to the Turbo which is bonkers)
    Fairly thirsty – best I could do with the petrol S was about 27mpg driving like gran on the motorway. My Cayenne would get 36 at the same speed.

Oh and Jamba…

@matt agreed that centre consol is a weak point of the car

personally I love it ….. make you feel like you’re in a fighter, which was apparently the idea.

OP best options* I have are air suspension (really good), panoramic roof, heated seats and heated windscreen. One’s I’m not so bothered about are the 21″ wheels and embossed headrests.

My previous car was an XC90 that I kept for 12 years and [sorry haterz] the Cayenne is the best car I’ve ever had ….. I wouldn’t touch a Jag with yours now.

* I didn’t choose them as I bought a 2yo car.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 307 total)

The topic ‘Porsche Macan’ is closed to new replies.