Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Porlock tomorrow, help me with a route?
  • cheez0
    Free Member

Hi all,
    I want to take Mrs Cheeze up the dirty old track tomorrow and was thinking of heading to Porlock. Can anyone give me some hints on a good 20k-ish loop?
    I’d like to start in Porlock or as near as, (maybe go in the direction of the Weir?)a reasonable but not killer climb out and then some of that lovely swoopy stuff back down to the car in time for Mrs Cheeze to get the teas in.
    Any tips/ map refs please?

snaps
    Free Member

What time you heading out?
    Was thinking of doing a loop thats near Porlock starting middayish.

cheez0
    Free Member

Hmm, not sure really, gotta get our sh1t together etc but to be honest me n Mrs Cheeze aint no speed monkeys on the trails so wouldn’t want to hold you up, unless you dont mind. 🙂

cheez0
    Free Member

I gotta pop off and give some zombies a pwning on L4D2 for an hour with me Steam m8s but will be back soon. 😆

snaps
    Free Member

20k – km or miles?
    I’m not back to full fitness yet by a fair way.

allthepies
    Free Member

I want to take Mrs Cheeze up the dirty old track tomorrow

I see what you did there.

cheez0
    Free Member

yep, she moans if it aint dirty and wet.

cheez0
    Free Member

Snaps, 20km will be enuff for us, what with the uphill etc.

SOAP
    Free Member

Me and mrs chippy were gonna head off from Dunster tomorrow, but only got a 25 mile route on the garmin, (don’t know Exmoor to well) and bit far for the misses. Would be nice to tag along if poss

SOAP
    Free Member

God that was pants not having local knowledge 🙁 Dunster to Dunkery Beacon pushing most of the way.We gave up after 15 miles and rode back on the rode.
    I shall be sticking to the Q’s me thinks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Porlock tomorrow, help me with a route?’ is closed to new replies.