• This topic has 39 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by aP.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Pork scratchings- how many packets a week
  • oldmanmtb
    Free Member

1 (****ing big one)

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

None (too busy eating crisps).

km79
    Free Member

None. I’d starve to death before eating pork scratchings.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Crackling

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

only 148 calories per pack? Either that photo is actual size when displayed on my tiny mobile screen or that is fake fried pig fat

simondbarnes

Either that photo is actual size when displayed on my tiny mobile screen or that is fake fried pig fat

It’s well out of date too!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I have never ever eaten them

CountZero

None. I’ve tried enough to know I don’t like them.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Barf, the only cheap shit fattening garbage I won’t eat

spacemonkey

The deli just up the hill in Brighton’s North Laines serves up the most immense scratchings. I could live on them. Tis best I don’t.

MoreCashThanDash

CFH – I’m going to have to look for those tomorrow!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I also make my own.

mashiehood
    Free Member

never tried them…

mattsccm
    Free Member

As many as possible.
    Why do they come in crappy little packets though?
    At some game fairs you get them in bigger bags though. I remember many years ago having a train journey interrupted at some primitive northern station. It may have been Brum. Anyway attached to the station was a huge indoor market type place where you bought your scratchings pick and mix style out of a big plastic dust bin. Half a carrier bag full lasted me a few days.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Are they kosher ?

taxi25
    Free Member

None. I’d starve to death before eating pork scratchings.

You wouldn’t though would you, people starve to death every day. Offer one if them a packet of scratchings and see if it gets turned down !!

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/Tsdmqhn50uM[/video]

bigrich

as many as I can fit in my mouth

BigDummy
    Free Member

I quite like them, but I would never want to go to such a dark place that I found myself measuring my consumption in “packets a week”.

😯

steve_b77
    Free Member

One or two, the wife however craved them during the last week’s of pregnancy with bebe no.3, she was on 3 packs a day at one point!!

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

How many teeth per month? Boiled sweets are the infantry. These are the air strikes.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Packets a week is a worrying amount OP.

They go amazingly well with a Guinness though. Maybe one a month.

Home made crackling is nice but the caked in sodium ones ie. scratchings are a million times nicer.

Mmmmmm…

lunge

Like crisps, it depends on pub visits. if I’m at the pub I’ll have a packet, if not I shall not.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Hmmmm..

PigJigsaws™…. 😀

mountainman

Problem is the public demand lean pork and everyone knows to get good scratchings the pork needs to have fat !

Home reared gloucester old spot or tamworth pigs make excellent crackling,rarely gets as far as the table in our house.

Dibbs
    Free Member

They’re one of those things they hang in the isle in the supermarket, that I’m not able to resist. 😳

breadcrumb

I love crackling but really don’t like Pork Scratchings, bit too greasy for me.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Pork Scratchings – A snack even a Glaswegian wouldn’t eat.

mt
    Free Member

try the pork scatchings from Cambells in Leyburn, you get a box full. Not to greasy or to much salt.

atlaz
    Free Member

I recently found a petrol station in Luxembourg that sells them. I have switched my allegiance to this purveyor of pork snacks from the more convenient station near my office. So a pack or two a week at most.

rocketman
    Free Member

how many packets a week

lol

None obvz

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

A couple. I’m pretty well damn fond of them TBH. What started off as a friday night pub ‘n’ pint accoutrement and become a more regular thing.

More worryingly, I’ve since found that they are pretty well the best super-food for doing really long rides. If I start feeling a bit hollow mid ride, some carbs plus a pack of scratchings will get me totally stoked again. Not quite sure how this works, but carbs alone don’t work in the same way..

They are ace.

bedmaker

I was manning the hog roast at a friends wedding on Saturday night. 53KG of porky wonderment. Don’t think I ate any actual meat, just the equivalent of many, many packets of pork crackling.

steve_b77
    Free Member

They’re rammed with protine (and fat). Cracknell & Co used them in their food bags for trekking across the pole. Along with chocolate, cheese & chorizo

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Pork Crunch is where its at for me especially after a beer

What happens when pork scratchings and a quaver have a few too many and wind up waking up next to one another the next morning

Food of the Gods

cokie

When I was on an ultra low carb diet, I ate copious amounts of scratchings and lost 12kg 😆 . I probably had a bag every day for a few months.. along with lots of cheese and meat stacked sky high. I ate like a middle-aged king. I feel disgusted with myself looking back.. everything in moderation, yes?!
    It worked very well at dropping weight though. It’s pretty much turned me veggie these days.

pondo

Love em. Shop by us does massive 200gm bags, too big to eat in one go. But they’ve softened nicely by the end of the weekend, mm mm mm. 🙂

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

I looked for pork scratchings and ended up with pork crunch

Yes for those with delicate teeth.. I’m partial to 3 packets of Black country no nonsense a year. Too much of a good thing and all that!

DezB
    Free Member

I’d have a couple out of a bag if it was offered over, but wouldn’t buy me own.

aP
    Free Member

I can recommend Snaffling Pig I have Fennel and Black Pepper at home (thanks Andy!)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Pork scratchings- how many packets a week’ is closed to new replies.