Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Porcelain tiles on a wall
  • jools182
    Free Member

My new house is being rejigged a bit

I’ve just had the bathroom moved around and its been re-plastered

I’ve bought some porcelain wall tiles and when I went to collect them from the tiling shop realised they were heavy

I’ve now been looking around on the interweb and found that I may have a problem with fixing them due to weight

I’m just tiling around the bath, 2 walls are new stud walls that have been plastered, one is an external wall, also just plastered

What are my options for fitting these tiles?

I’ve seen things about aquapanel but have no idea about it. Will I need to pull down the new stud wall and re-board it?

any other options or ideas?

somouk
    Free Member

I had some pretty heavy 2ft x 1 ft tiles on a wall in a previous bathroom and they went up no problems. They did bond straight to the plasterboard though as it was apparently stronger than the plaster.

jools182
    Free Member

wondering if I can get the plaster off

unfortunately the baths been fitted now or it might have been easier to pull off the plasterboard that has been plastered

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

that would be my fear, attaching tiles to a skim of plaster – it’s not the sturdiest of surfaces.

realistically, maybe easier to change your choice of tile than work around the problem, even if the store charge a restock fee or soemthing?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Porcelain tiles on a wall’ is closed to new replies.