Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Popup bike jumble sale Manchester – anyone been?
  • robdob
    Free Member

As the title suggests – any experiences? I have a load of kit that needs getting rid of, new/old/retro etc. Rather than try stuff on ebay with the assiciated faff thought it would be worth a try.

Link: http://popupbikes.co.uk/bike-jumble-sale/

binners

One of lifes simple but most important lessons is to never go anywhere that uses the words Pop-up or Artisan in its title. Only disappointment at best, and boiling rage at worst, can ever come of it.

robdob
    Free Member

I’m not wanting anything from the place, just selling my own stuff! Want to know whether its worth bringing a car load of stuff from Huddersfield really.

rickmeister

Not a Royal Mail Confiscated Goods Pop Up by any chance ?

mintimperial

One of lifes simple but most important lessons is to never go anywhere that uses the words Pop-up or Artisan in its title. Only disappointment at best, and boiling rage at worst, can ever come of it.

Not wanting to question this very solid axiom for living with actual facts or anything, but I went into Popup Bikes a couple of months ago out of curiosity. It seems a nice enough place, trendy name notwithstanding. Not actually “pop-up” at all in that it’s pretty much permanent as far as I can see. Coffee was alright. Dunno what the jumble will be like though.

robdob
    Free Member

rickmeister – check the link. 🙄

chambord
    Free Member

I didn’t know it existed but need some new wheels or hubs for a frame with a 126mm dropout and that place looks like it might have what I need. Cheers OP.

binners

I’m not wanting anything from the place, just selling my own stuff! Want to know whether its worth bringing a car load of stuff from Huddersfield really.

Having been in there, I reckon if you bring over a job lot of tweed flat caps, and ‘classic’ steel frames, powder coated pink, you’ll make an absolute killing!!

robdob
    Free Member

Bump for the new crowd.

ThePinkster

Hmm, sounds interesting. I’ve been wondering if there was anything like this ‘local’ to me as I’ve got a few bits & pieces I could do with getting rid of as well.

hora
    Free Member

Will there be pulled-pork there and other street-food?

globalti
    Free Member

Definitely not worth the effort. There are regular bike jumbles around here and you seldom see anything worth buying though it’s good to see that the present generation of cyclists is no worse than their parents for hoarding rubbish in their sheds.

You will struggle to cover the fee for the stall. Better stick it all on Ebay.

robdob
    Free Member

I didn’t bother going as the organisers never got back to me about the suitability of the stuff I wanted to sell – too far a journey to chance it.

Most of the stuff I have is lower value but decent stuff, the kinda stuff that is a pain to list on ebay for the amount it’d sell for.

binners

They probably sensed from your email that you didn’t have quirky facial hair, like a handlebar moustache, or full sleeve tattoos. so would have repelled their normal clientele

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Popup bike jumble sale Manchester – anyone been?’ is closed to new replies.