Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Population in the UK rising fast
  • Edukator
    Free Member

As an immigrant myself I’m not so sure about this;

Without immigration our economic situation and outlook will be a lot worse that it already is.

If like some tax havens the immigrants were all silly rich, educated and with a cultural background allowing easy integration I’d agree. I’m not so sure about the wisdom of allowing in immigrants that will send as much as possible of what they earn abroad, are poorly educated making them inflexible labour, and have cultural references and religious beliefs that make many aspects of UK culture abhorrent to them.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Apparently, it’s going to sort out the problem of pensions for a population increasingly top-heavy with older folks. Like me. Entitled in three year’s time.

Good thing, then. Get ’em in, I say.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    teamhurtmore
    Free Member

International migration has benefits and costs to the host and the other country. It’s is never a straightforward good v bad thing. But just as Germany found with net inward migration from E Eur and Turkey, it is net positive for matue countries with ageing populations – a classic GCSE geography case study!!!

Given our demographic profile, the UK will need immigration to continue. So yes, a good thing on balance.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

It’s definitely a good thing for long term sustainability but we do need to tackle key issues of the chronic lack of housing and weak employment law.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Population in the UK rising fast’ is closed to new replies.