Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Population in the UK rising fast
  • tyger
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23618487

The ONS seems remarkably precise on the figures for net immigration, just a short while after they admitted they have absolutely no idea how many immigrants have entered the country! LOL

I guess I’m running the risk of being accused of being racist or a bigot whereas just want to be objective – I would be interested in seeing how these birth figures stack up from a religion and ethnic perspective.

I not saying it’s negative or positive – I would value your take on this?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Sounds like good news. Without immigration our economic situation and outlook will be a lot worse that it already is.

cynic-al
    Free Member

tyger – Member
    I guess I’m running the risk of being accused of being racist or a bigot

Given your previous, yes you are.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    seavers
    Free Member

Drink less – Google more.

Northwind

Considering we have an aging population, if the population wasn’t rising we’d be screwed- topheavy.

tyger
    Free Member

Yeah I have many Polish friends and without their help in the workforce I’m sure we’d be struggling at times.

RustySpanner

I would be interested in seeing how these birth figures stack up from a religion and ethnic perspective.

Why?

And how do you think your Christian faith influences your view on this subject?

tyger
    Free Member

cynic-al – worn out record and you’re wrong but you’re entitled to your opinion.
    How about contributing to my post – what’s your take?

Russell96

Woo ideal age to be earning and paying taxes when I retire PHEW !

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Can’t we just ship the olds off somewhere else, don’t they move to Spain anymore?

scotroutes

That. I don’t give a toss about their religion or ethnicity.

tyger
    Free Member

Rusty – maybe identifying cultural backgrounds having an effect on the size of families would be a better take then?

nickc

really, wwho gives an actual ****? apart from Daily Mail readers

RustySpanner

tyger – Member

Rusty – maybe identifying cultural backgrounds having an effect on the size of families would be a better take then?

Why?
    What would you do with the information?

brakes
    Free Member

can we blame the Tories for this one?

crikey
    Free Member

Does tiger not like darkies then?

CaptJon
    Free Member

nickc – Member
    really, wwho gives an actual ****? apart from Daily Mail readers

That’s a sub-Mail argument. It is pretty important for all kinds of organisations to know the size of the population and where they live.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Why?
    What would you do with the information?

Tyger has a long standing concern about Muslim birth rates in the UK

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/just-had-a-bnp-flyer-through-the-door/page/3#post-1363277

Northwind

Cultural backgrounds maybe. But wealth/health/life expectancy/infant mortality rates are big contributorss to family size, that’s a given…

So if you’ve got a first gen immigrant from, say, Kashmir (chosen purely because that’s where the guys I was speaking to today were from), where life expectancy’s 15 years less than the UK average and infant mortality is 12 times higher than the UK average, they’re more likely to have a lot of kids. They’re also more likely to be relatively poor compared to the UK average.

So cultural differences aside there’s some serious drivers there.

tyger
    Free Member

Northwind – thank you, that was what I was interested in.

ernie – thanks for the reminder! I guess mud sticks huh.

tyger
    Free Member

I’ll disappear now – close the thread if you wish.
    I feel I’m labelled unfairly so time to go – cheers and good night to all.

seavers
    Free Member

Drink a pint of water before you go to bed tyger.

chewkw
    Free Member

There should be concerned but I guess it will take a while here.

Where I used to live far far away … within 30 years 1/4 of the population is immigrant and illegal but then over there immigration check point is a laugh …

Oh yes … they are/have taken over … 😮

Kevevs
    Free Member

Moe: You know what really aggravazes me? It’s them immigants. They wants all the benefits of living in Springfield, but they ain’t even bother to learn themselves the language.
    Homer: Hey, those are exactly my sentimonies.
    Barney: [babbles]
    Moe: Yeah, you said it Barn.

andrewh
    Free Member

Regardless of the make-up of the population it is far too high, and not just for the UK, but the world in general.
    At a western standard of living, which is what everyone seems to aspire to, the planet can comfortably susatain around 600m people (I forget the source of that) Anyway, name almost any problem facing mankind, from massive worldwide issues like global warming and water shortages to local UK problems like house prices being too high and the elephant in the room in most cases is the fact that there are just too many people.

Northwind – Member
    Considering we have an aging population, if the population wasn’t rising we’d be screwed- topheavy

A rising population may indeed help pay for pensions and suchlike. However, for this to work in the long term the population will have to rise indefinately and there is no way that the planet could take that.
    The solution? Probably politcally unpopular but a world-wide one-child policy is desparately needed, probably for several generations. Either that or we all promise to restrain ourselves to medeival standards of living.

dandax1990
    Free Member

Either that or we all promise to restrain ourselves to medeival standards of living.

I’m not converting to Islam, thanks.

Heh.

cynic-al
    Free Member

tyger – Member
    I would be interested in seeing how these birth figures stack up from a religion and ethnic perspective.

I wonder why – oh, Ernie has reminded me.

Worn out record eh? It’s you that’s repeatedly posting “I’m not racist, but…” threads, Polish friends or not.

Edric64
    Free Member

If immigration goes up much more we will each have our own personal hand car wash !

piemonster

A rising population may indeed help pay for pensions and suchlike. However, for this to work in the long term the population will have to rise indefinately and there is no way that the planet could take that.

Actually, what we want is a balanced demographic.

Either way we dont want a top heavy population.

piemonster

The solution? Probably politcally unpopular but a world-wide one-child policy is desparately needed, probably for several generations. Either that or we all promise to restrain ourselves to medeival standards of living.

You are Bill Gates and I claim my £5

maccruiskeen

– I would be interested in seeing how these birth figures stack up from a religion and ethnic perspective.

I not saying it’s negative or positive – I would value your take on this?

Its unlikely that race, faith or anything else have any real bearing on this. People of my generation are having children a lot later than previous generation. People of my generation are having kids right now – they’re having the kids they didn’t have 10 to 15 years ago so the apparent boom if birthrate is just a delay in births.

boxfish
    Free Member

Come the revolution, first against the wall shall be the trolls

piemonster

I’ll disappear now – close the thread if you wish.
    I feel I’m labelled unfairly so time to go – cheers and good night to all.

No need to dissapear, here is an Australian politician that share your concerns.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/i-dont-oppose-islam-as-a-country-australian-ultranationalist-politician-stephanie-banister-in-car-crash-immigration-television-interview-8752754.html

piemonster

Come the revolution, first against the wall shall be the trolls

Considering my last post IGMC

piemonster

Right, Ive got my coat on but before I go

http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/data-and-resources/charts/create

The potential for graphs and charts is eye wateringly pant wettingly exciting.

This one http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/data-and-resources/charts/create/migration-to-and-from-uk/netflows/stay

fervouredimage
    Free Member

This planet does have finite resources.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QjsikRTIX28[/video]

Northwind

andrewh – Member

Only if the increase in life expectancy also continues indefinately, or if the “new” young people life here til death (not a given with economic migrants)

binners

Its not the muslamics you need to worry about….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUspLVStPbk[/video]

ransos
    Free Member

Sounds like good news. Without immigration our economic situation and outlook will be a lot worse that it already is.

Quite so. We know that immigrants provide a net economic benefit to this country, because they contribute more in taxes and spending than they take in benefits and state services. Immigrants must stay.

The solution to the rising population is therefore to ship our benefit scrounging pensioners to Helmand.

clubber
    Free Member

I think it’s simply time for Logan’s Run to become reality (though given my approaching 40, maybe cancel the cutoff age for those above say 35 already 🙂 )

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Population in the UK rising fast’ is closed to new replies.