Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Popular music searches in your city
  • slowoldman

The BBC put this little search together with Shazam to show the most popular tracks searched for.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-446211a5-003b-45e3-9211-cdc7d75c5407

I tried it for Manchester and was left feeling sad, sick and smug. All at once.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Rubbish thing that is

‘Select your city’
    I live in a City, but it’s not listed, however random towns are.

Disappointing!

lunge

Birmingham has got some astonishingly bad music choice based on that search, terrible stuff.

willard

Well, that made me feel old. I only recognised one of the top 10 and that was because Adele’s been mentioned on Radio 4 recently.

SaxonRider

It appears that most cities in the UK are searching for pretty much the same stuff. Then, comparing Canadian cities, they are different to UK cities, but the same as each other.

Not very informative, really. That, and I don’t recognise any of the stuff on the lists.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I am a big fan of that page that monitors live searches on ‘special interest sites’. Some of the results are both hilarious and worrying….usually all at the same time.

Edukator
    Free Member

An omnipresent Justin Bieber (in the UK at least) says more about the demographic of Shazam than music tastes.

timc
    Free Member

If you have the shazam app you can use the explore section for a real time top 20 in your local area.

Shazam is mainly Radio & TV driven, the charts will most likely reflect your local youth radio listener more than anything.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

It doesn’t matter which city you search, it’s a global cheesefest.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Popular music searches in your city’ is closed to new replies.