Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Popping the question, engagement ring difficulties..
  • surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I proposed without a ring, she wanted a Van instead.

We got a Nissan NV 400 L3H2, better than a ring in my book!

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Friend of mine proposed with a ring box that contained a frame bearing – obviously they were both keen bikers so she knew what it was, but also what it represented etc

doris5000

That’s part of the problem really, I haven’t got the first clue about jewellery or engaging, so I’m trying to guess a price that isn’t too little or too much. STWs collection of moneybags middle-management types only skews it further really, and I’ve no Audi to flog to raise the readies.

The ring’s not to involve diamonds and she’d like Amethyst (I think, will have to double check that) in silver so not particularly expensive components. At the same time I want it to be something that’ll last rather than risk the Buy Cheap, Buy Twice rigmarole.
    I know full well that she’d be happy with something from an arts and crafts stall as long as it was from me, but it’s so easy to get caught up in traditionalism/marketing bollocks.

We got our rings from this place, who handily were stocked by a local independent jewellerist.

https://www.justind.co.uk/

We weren’t particularly trying be thrifty and looked at all sorts of gold and platinum stuff before plumping for two silver/wood rings from this place. came to about £250 for the pair. Really chuffed with them 🙂

doris5000

always intrigued by the slightly random line-spacing on this site.

spud-face

Thanks Doris, I’ve bookmarked the site. Those wood and silver ones are really nice! I’m going to have to start doing some subtle research about her preferred styles otherwise I’ll end up following my own hippy taste too far.

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Popping the question, engagement ring difficulties..’ is closed to new replies.