Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Pope: Arms investors 'hypocrites if they call themselves Christians'
  • jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

To be fair, I have been impressed by much of what Pope Francis has been saying… whether it will translate into real change is yet to be seen.

As for George Pell, knew I’d heard that name somewhere:

Cardinal George Pell helped shift paedophile priest Gerald Ridsdale between parishes, royal commission hears

SECRET church documents tendered to a royal commission reveal that Cardinal ­George Pell helped move Australia’s worst paedophile priest between parishes.

The revelation at the inquiry into child sexual abuse has sparked calls for the former Archbishop of Melbourne to return from The Vatican — where he now oversees the Catholic Church’s finances — to explain his involvement in the handling of vile pervert Gerald Francis Ridsdale.

The shamed priest has spent decades behind bars and has admitted molesting at least 54 children across Victoria.

But the total is thought to be more than 200, as he was routinely moved ­between parishes despite a string of complaints against him.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So given his hiring policy a bit of a hypocrite really for criticising others

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

So given his hiring policy a bit of a hypocrite really for criticising others

You referring to Pell? was he one of Francis’s hires?

Would you rather that he didn’t criticise others?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

not at all, but partly put your own house in order first. Yep the new Pope picked him for the finance job just as it was coming out that he covered up serious amounts of stuff and tried to pay off victims for their silence and lower compensation.

Anyway my other issues with basic healthcare and bigotry don’t help, you know that thing about no chucking the first stone and all that crap
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_HIV/AIDS#Church_teaching_on_the_use_of_condoms
    http://www.americancatholic.org/News/Homosexuality/

nemesis
    Free Member

Do folks really not see a difference between this pope and previous popes?

ivehoneyjive – Member
    To be fair, I have been impressed by much of what Pope Francis has been saying

But jhj, he’s part of the overall control structure or at best a puppet of your big exciting conspiracy so why would you even consider what he actually says as having any meaning?

Makes you think?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Well you see…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2huJqFsFDE[/video]

If as Monkey Magic’s wonderful intro seems to suggest:

‘With our thoughts, we make the world’

Then by using his vast coverage in the media to get people thinking about the evils and hypocrisy of the arms trade, we may find a solution, as it certainly doesn’t seem to be doing people or the planet any good

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

not at all, but partly put your own house in order first.

That might take longer than the lifetime of one pope..

In terms of homsexuality, didn’t he say something along the lines of “who am i to judge”?

nemesis
    Free Member

Just to be fair, I should point out that any videos and most pics you post are greyed out for me so I just make up what I reckon they are – usually more informative I expect 😉

mefty
    Free Member
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

In terms of homsexuality, didn’t he say something along the lines of “who am i to judge”?

The small it about dictating that people who don’t believe in his God can’t get married as they don’t like it, discrimination 101 really. There are also a lot of apologies to be given before telling other people they are shit. Sorry for quoting back that old Bible thing but apparently it’s important. The Catholic Church sits up there with McDonald’s and coke, few free sports pitches and sponsor the Olympics and we will forget the rest.

ourmaninthenorth

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beaxUK4kHh0[/video]

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I should point out that any videos and most pics you post are greyed out for me

Your loss dude, Monkey Magic is the business…

nemesis
    Free Member

Oh, I know and as I say, it’s much more interesting just coming up with my own versions 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

@mefty he’s due back up in front of the royal commission again, it’s it been going well so far. Don’t expect it to get better – that’s not a lefty media spin that’s lawyers taking time to process evidence and present it.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Pope: Arms investors 'hypocrites if they call themselves Christians'’ is closed to new replies.