Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Pop yer helmets on and batten the hatches down…
  • matt_outandabout

Especially if you are in central Scotland tomorrow….

http://www.mwis.org.uk/sh.php

😮

boxelder

Hmmmmmm. Cycle commute planned in N Lakes.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

MWIS is famously pessimistic.

Diddy forecast on BBC says “heavy rain, wind ENE 5mph” for Fife.

The reality will be somewhere between the two but it’s probably fair to predict that it’ll be pishin’ either doon or sidey-ways.

onehundredthidiot

mwis always seem pretty spot on to me. but looks like “pop he kettle on” weather.

matt_outandabout

MWIS are pessimistic, and based on 900m ASL, but seems a fun day in store….

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Supposed to be taking a group out to Carron Valley tomorrow afternoon – watching the weather forecast, but I suspect we may have to spend the afternoon doing a bit of bike maintenance instead.

That’ll be popular!

matt_outandabout

Nah, Carron will be fine….the road to it however….

peterfile
    Free Member

I’ve literally just got back after spending the last week climbing in the Highlands. Weather was grim, grim, grim! So this forecast is not surprising, especially given what I can see from my window in Glasgow!

passtherizla
    Free Member

Yep spent last week on the west coast…. pretty minging!

druidh
    Free Member

Any update from “the front line” in Killin?

BoardinBob

Brutal in Glasgow today. So bad I had to go to M&S and buy a new pair of trousers to change into in the office because I got soaked on the way to work 😐

peterfile
    Free Member

Any update from “the front line” in Killin?

I was in Killin for a spot of lunch last week….what a charming part of the world 😀

If you fancy driving a bit further, the food in the Ben Lawers Hotel is surprisingly good!

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Nah, Carron will be fine

… as long as cycling about in heavy rain for several hours fits your definition of ‘fine’ 😀

I came back from walking the dogs for about 90mins just before lunchtime, and had to bail out the pockets on my hardshell – on that basis, I called time on the bike trip, left one of the minions to entertain the guys in the bikeshed and spent the afternoon doing paperwork in front of the woodburner.

matt_outandabout

Well today was more wild at times than yesterday…dramatic temp drop yesterday, and snow/rain/wind, but not as predicted. Wind today at lunch became incredible, very rapidly from a good breeze. F7+ on loch… 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Pop yer helmets on and batten the hatches down…’ is closed to new replies.