Viewing 5 posts - 161 through 165 (of 165 total)
  • pop up adds
  • dragon
    Free Member

Mike problem is that left advert appears but over the left side of the forum itself making it unusable. Oddly it is inconsistent in whether it happens or not, suggesting dodgycode. That’s in Chrome by the way.

I’ve no idea what testing STW do but there is something wrong.

dragon
    Free Member

Just spotted the other thread dealing with said issue.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Mark – Resident Grumpy
    It’s a rogue ad from a network screwing with the site CSS and stuff. We are trying to track it down now.

From another thread
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/now-i-cant-use-this-site-on-the-pc-because-of-the-ads

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Mark

That glitch is down to a rogue ad messing up our website css. The trouble is finding it. See above for the levels of complexity around network ads.
    I’m turning networks off one by one and seeing if I can find the network. If I can then I can start to home in on the ads from that network and find the one that’s causing the issue. Unfortunately I’m also in London for the bikeshow this weekend so my availability for rogue ad hunting is going to be reduced until Monday when I’m back in the office with the tech guys.
    As for testing.. you can’t test ads from networks. You just have to trust them not to do this. There’s hundreds of ad networks delivering ads from thousands of advertisers and agencies. When one doesn’t behave it’s a bit like finding a needle in a haystack.

takisawa2

I subscribe, don’t have any of this hassle & a brilliant mag arrives every so often. Bonus. 😉
    To be fair, I didn’t know it had got so bad until I logged out & tried…
    Bloomin heck. 😯

Viewing 5 posts - 161 through 165 (of 165 total)

The topic ‘pop up adds’ is closed to new replies.