Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Poorly Dog Update.
  • dirtybike
    Free Member

Dear All

After a worrying few days we have now dropped our dog off at the Vets for his operation.
    I would just like to extend our heartfelt thanks to everyone who donated. This has been an enormous help and very single penny has made a difference to us.

My wife in particular has asked me to pass on her heartfelt thanks and is truly moved by the willingness of people who don`t even know us to put their hands in their pockets. You can be sure that this generosity will be passed on (by us) in the future to worthy causes.
    All being well Tigger will be back with us tonight and I will be be sure to post updates regarding his operation and recuperation.

So once again many many thanks.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Good luck. Make sure you stick to the recovery regime. Those short walks on a short lead will be frustrating for both of you but don’t be tempted to ” do a little bit more”.

We went for a follow up and saw a dog who had the same op at the same time but had been let of lead, poor bugger.

jolmes
    Free Member

Good Luck and hope all goes well!

As mentioned above, stick to the healing regime like glue for both you and the dog 🙂

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Good luck to Tigger and good luck to you trying to keep a springer sane with no means of burning off the energy!!

dirtybike
    Free Member

Onzadog Good luck. Make sure you stick to the recovery regime. Those short walks on a short lead will be frustrating for both of you but don’t be tempted to ” do a little bit more”.

Thanks we surely will, hopefully we will be able to get him to a hydrotherapy pool too at some point.

jolmes Good Luck and hope all goes well!

As mentioned above, stick to the healing regime like glue for both you and the dog

Thanks and as above we intend to

supersessions9-2 Good luck to Tigger and good luck to you trying to keep a springer sane with no means of burning off the energy!!

Thanks, hopefully some hydrotherapy/swimming will burn up some energy without putting strain on him.

parkstar
    Free Member

Our springer had the same op when he was 18 months old. I cannot stress how important not only keeping to the initial rest schedule is, but also how quickly your dog will adapt to the new lazy lifestyle.

We were lucky that he is crate trained, so as cruel as it seemed, having him in his puppy crate 90% of the time really did mean he got the rest he needed.

only issue was he did the opposite leg a few months later…

dirtybike
    Free Member

parkstar Our springer had the same op when he was 18 months old. I cannot stress how important not only keeping to the initial rest schedule is, but also how quickly your dog will adapt to the new lazy lifestyle.

We were lucky that he is crate trained, so as cruel as it seemed, having him in his puppy crate 90% of the time really did mean he got the rest he needed.

only issue was he did the opposite leg a few months later…

He still has a crate and was crate trained as a puppy but the last few years has had the run of downstairs only going in his crate in the car.
    We will probably bring it in out of the car to try and keep him still some of the time, but I doubt he will like it.

dirtybike
    Free Member

Just got him back from the Vets, I think he needs a good sleep.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I know nothing of your story, but he looks like he needs a lot of love.

All the best.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Awwww, give him some cuddles from me, hope it all heals ok.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Brilliant!

Tiger6791

Magnetodog wishes him a speedy recovery

jamj1974

Heal well.

Merak

This^ he’s lucky to have you.

dirtybike
    Free Member

Thanks for you well wishes everyone.
    He is still a bit zoned out from the painkillers I think and does not really want to do anything but sleep at the moment.

He has to go back on monday to be checked over and maybe have the bandage removed.

So far so good.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Aw get well soon Tigger

funkmasterp

Glad you managed to raise the funds needed and that the little guy is doing well.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Watch out for anaesthetic dog farts. They really stink.

dirtybike
    Free Member

Just back from the Vets, Tigger has had his dressing removed and the Vet is pleased with his progress. He is going to have a nice scar !! .Once again we would really like to thank everyone who has donated helping us get Tigger his bounce back

dirtybike
    Free Member

Tigger is slowly getting a bit more mobile and as his stitches are drying out a bit he keeps trying to get at them. He has spent the last couple of days with the Collar of shame on and in an effort to make him a bit more comfortable without letting him get at his stitches my wife got him this…..

[/url]19511261_10211508170874270_4958536253409228328_n by Jeff Dalton, on Flickr[/img]

He is currently snoring so it must be working.

ctk
    Free Member

Your dog looks like Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen in the above outfit ;-0

All the best!

duckman

Ctk wins the internet!

Tiger6791

😆

jamj1974

Loving his pj’s!

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Hahaha, love his outfit, and pleased he’s doing well.

Tiger6791

What he’s not saying is the operation cost £50

and it was £700 for the Versace Suit 😉

jamj1974

How is the wee man getting on?

dirtybike
    Free Member

jamj1974 How is the wee man getting on?

Thanks

He is doing well, still not eating much but is getting around a bit better and seems happier.
    He has to go back to Vets on Monday to get some stitches removed.
    The biggest problem is stopping him doing what springers do so he has been constantly supervised as we don`t want to go through all this again.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Poorly Dog Update.’ is closed to new replies.