Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Poorly dog
  • sandwicheater

Cut her leg on something on the trail the other day. Didn’t notice until we were home but she must have lost a great deal of blood judging by how much blood was in her bed.

Poor thing just kept on running. Was lucky didn’t cut the tendon.

Lots of stitches later and no walks for next 10 days. Been 5 days and she is getting very annoying. We generally walk her 2+ hours a day.

She just sits there looking at me; walk me, walk me, walk me, walk me!

[/url]Untitled by sandwicheater, on Flickr[/img]

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Poor thing just kept on running.

Dogs are a bit mental when something like this happens. 😀

Anyway, she’s on the mend…halfway there and all that. Hope she’s back on the run in no time.

rickon
    Free Member

Keep up the good work, she won’t know why she’s not allowed to go out and do stuff – but the longer you give her to repair, the better her recovery will be.

I’ve had lots and lots of leg and foot injuries on my dogs, including a huge gash on one of their feet – requiring many stitches. Keep it dry, and keep her off it as much as possible.

If it makes you feel better, my other collie has been wearing a cone for about 4 months now….

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mental stimulation and lots of interaction will help stop her going stir crazy. Put her food in a puzzle ball or similar. Maybe work on some tricks or obedience training.

sandwicheater

Was trying to train her the other night to leave a snack on her nose and eat it on command.

Still finding gravy bones in the living room. Would last about 1 second and then flick it randomly across the room.

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

If she cant fetch you a beer from the fridge by the time the bandage is off then your status of master is questionable 😉

tomkerton
    Free Member

When the vet takes the dressing off and if it still needs a bit of protection for a bit – baby socks from the supermarket held on with tape works a treat.

Mental stimulation, games, tricks etc as above. I know what a PIA an active dog that can’t be exercised is too!

Rockape63
    Free Member

My dog has had more stitches than hot dinners. Get one of these:

shoe

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Poorly dog’ is closed to new replies.