Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • poorley prophet
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

The shockmount hole has ovalised 🙁 She is knocking like a cheap prostitute 🙁

Leisurelakes in derby/notts are looking after her – hope she gets better soon!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

pics fired off to cannondale – fingers crossed!!

matt_outandabout

you can get them drilled wider and a collar put in, if there is enough material….i think!

DustyLilac
    Free Member

I assume it’s the swingarm one? Freeride position? There’s fair bit of meat around it from memory.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

swingarm/freeride position – yup

DustyLilac
    Free Member

If Cannondale aren’t interested then I reckon it could be drilled out and sleeved, or is this the excuse you’ve been looking for to justify an MX rear end?

I’m using the XC setting on mine with a 190mm i2i shock with 44mm stroke to give me 120mm rear travel. Paired with Fox 36s at 130mm it gives almost the same geo as the original shock in the freeride setting. So I guess when I ovalise that I go back to the original shock?

MrNutt
    Free Member

what do you think caused that?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

not an excuse – i am fed up beyond all fed upness and want this sorting asap so i can continue to enjoy it. The bolt up rear end has worked so no need for an MX rear now 🙂

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Not a clue – of it was a minor flaw from the factory it will have got worse over time – who knows?

Its the left sid eof the hole that is causing the issue (i think)

I_Ache
    Free Member

On the subject of the bolt up rear how much difference did you notice and how much of a pain is it getting it in and out of the car?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

no problem getting in and out the car as i have a rack – lol

no problem at all – 2 secs with a 6mm allen key and the wheel is out. The back end was tauter with less tyre buzz on the (very close) chainstay protector

goog
    Free Member

that’ll teach you not to buy another crap bike …. wunnit

racing_ralph
    Free Member

bastid

I_Ache
    Free Member

I assume its just a case of loosening the bolts not undoing them all together. And do you need 2 allen keys or is it doable without a faf with just the one?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

easy doable with 1

I_Ache
    Free Member

Sweet thanks.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Unless its a ‘user error’ issue (you did do the shock mount bold up correctly didn’t you?) I’m sure Cannondale will sort you out. Their warranty department is very good (though can be a little slow sometimes) but compared to the likes of Orange their warranty department is a shining example for others.

Even if you are found to have been at fault (hey, you never know, you might have 5 thumbs per hand) Cannondale are pretty good for offering replacements at cost or subsidised replacements as a goodwill gesture.

Of course I’m sure its not your fault as it never is. 😉

racing_ralph
    Free Member

the bolt was done up to there recommended torque

sootyandjim
    Free Member

They always are.

I’m sure if it were you have nothing to fear then. LL are a pretty big stockist for Cannondale and their expertise is often taken at face value, they might not even need to send your swingarm to ‘Dale for inspection.

I know that a few years back ‘Dale had a problem with a batch of Jekyll frames that caused a similar wear problem on the swingarm shock mount due to the main pivot not being machined to the usual high standard and thereby causing asymmetrical forces on the shock mount during suspension movement. It might be something that simple.

DustyLilac
    Free Member

or is this the excuse you’ve been looking for to justify an MX rear end?

not an excuse – i am fed up beyond all fed upness and want this sorting asap so i can continue to enjoy it.

Wasn’t implying you’d made the issue up, just recalled reading in another thread that you fancied an MX swingarm – never mind!

So you’d recommend the bolt-up option then?

waihiboy
    Free Member

tut tut tut should have changed your hoola hoop bushing sooner :wink:, happens alot on old enduros.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

it has had 2 hula hoop bushings (on its 3rd currently) in 10 months

lovewookie

fairly easily remedied. Either pack it out a bit using metal putty or a bit of coke can (though that may be a bit thick)

TinMan
    Free Member

Looks like the original bolt sleeve wasn’t quite snug enough in the frame leading to a small bit of movement, combined with ample quantities of the local grinding paste, has trashed it.

God bless the peak

racing_ralph
    Free Member

lovewookie – why would i do that if its under warranty?

lovewookie

well, just in case it isn’t….

😉

racing_ralph
    Free Member

WOOP WOOP
    Just got an email from leisurelakes (Gav you are a star) – new swingarm within 4 weeks 🙂

Happy boy!

DustyLilac
    Free Member

Good news RR, big up the Prophet massive!

Simon

4 weeks 😯
    The last frame I had replaced under warranty arrived in 3 days, and two of those days were Saturday and Sunday.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Mine has to be sprayed and decals applied and sent from the US

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘poorley prophet’ is closed to new replies.