Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 197 total)
  • Poorest films you've seen?
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

Watched a film call Pi the other day from 1998 or something.

was quite good to start with, all about finding patterns in the universe and the ultimate truth in numbers, then it turned into some weird nonsense about the name of god, then to top it after making you think there would be some great secret revealed, the ultimate message turned out be “ignorance is bliss”.

Got to be the biggest let down ever in plot.

Has to be up there with the worst films I’ve ever seen, anyone match that?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Wings of the Apache. Nicholas Cage in a Top Gun in helicopters action flick. Only film that’s ever caused me to walk out of the cinema.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Grand Budapest Hotel – visually quite nice but otherwise tv movie drivel.

iolo
    Free Member

The Gray with Liam Nielson.
    A plane crash in snow plus hungry wolves picking off the survivors one by one. Bloody awful.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Gangs of New York or anything with Nicholas Cage in it .

richmtb

Warhorse.

There are plenty of worse films out there but I can’t think of another that was a waste of so much talent and money then this piece of sentimental drivel.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Starting watching “Forbidden Ground” on Netflix the other night.

Lasted about 10 minutes before I switched it off. Call me a geek but the widely inaccurate way WW1 was portrayed just killed it.

loddrik
    Free Member

Adrenaline Fear the Rush.

Rented it from blockbuster about 15 years ago. Watched about half an hour before turning it off. I still haven’t recovered…

oldbloke
    Free Member

Back shortly after Channel 4 started, they did a series of the worst movies ever. A 4th channel was such a novelty that we watched most of them.

List of movies included

Cougar

Open Water. Quite possibly the worst film I’ve ever seen, it’s only redeeming feature is a few seconds of gratuitous boobage at the start of the movie.

scud
    Free Member

Probably going against the grain here, but after not seeing it at the cinema, we watched Gravity on DVD at home, the story is really lame and whilst I believe it is fiction, it was so far beyond belief and just seemed an excuse to show Sandra Bullock in her skimpies (which i can appreciate!), I could see that at cinema and in 3D it would be a technical marvel, but take away the gizmos it was a bit rubbish.

spawnofyorkshire

Solaris

navel gazing tosh

scud
    Free Member

Cougar – Gratuitous Boobage, would be a great band name?

DezB
    Free Member

You can’t have watched many films, scud*. “Bit rubbish” doesn’t really make the “poorest ever” list for me.
    Number 1 in that list is:

Highlander.

*either that or a short memory!

honeybadgerx

Vertical Limit

Solo
    Free Member

Buckaroo Banzia across the 8th dimension, or summink.
    Awful shyte.

Vertical Limit
    Oh yeah, I’d forgotten that one. Was forced to watch that on a flight.
    More awful shyte.
    🙁

alanf
    Free Member

Blair witch

scud
    Free Member

OK Dez B, film i hated and again everyone else seems to love was Zoolander!

Doesn’t Highlander come under the so bad, it’s good category??

willard

Jesus, so many!

I used to actually collect appallingly bad films, so the list would be pretty long, but I would say that the current holder of “The Shittest” would be the latest re-make of The Punisher. Twice now I have paid my own, hard earned cash to rent it and twice I have failed to watch the whole film because it’s been so bad.

Even Expendables 2, which was the cheesiest action film I’ve seen in nearly a decade was not that bad in comparison.

DezB
    Free Member

Sharknado. Watched the whole of that, so can safely say, it’s the worst.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Come on, highlander is an 80s classic! how can you not appreciated and scotsman with a french accent and a spaniard with a scottish accent. :mrgreen:

nbt

Gigli with Ben affleck and some bird.

Rented it one evening while in Fernie on a ski trip (someone else chose it). Awful, turned it off after about 20 minutes. Took it back the following evening having had a bit of apres-ski and the shop owner tried to charge me for a late return. When I told him I was considering charging him for renting me such utter tosh he grinned and said I wasn’t the first to mention how bad it was, and let me off the late charge.

IHN

Open Water

I really liked it. But I’m the only person I’ve ever met who did.

I’ll go with The Dark Knight. Awful, dull, pompous (sp?) drivel.

And Tomb Raider. Wow, that was bad.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Sharknado. Watched the whole of that, so can safely say, it’s the worst.

I rather enjoy a good rubbish B movie but even I couldn’t watch the whole of Sharknado…

DezB
    Free Member

Come on, highlander is an 80s classic! how can you not appreciated and scotsman with a french accent and a spaniard with a scottish accent

I can only remember it being the only film that’s made me walk out of the cinema (before the end!). So it has to be one of the worst. There are others I’ve started watching on TV and turned off, but they aren’t so memorable.

DezB
    Free Member

I rather enjoy a good rubbish B movie but even I couldn’t watch the whole of Sharknado..

It was with my 11 year old, he wouldn’t let me leave 🙂

Danny79
    Free Member

Alexander – I’ve tried to watch it 3 times always switch it off.

eltonerino

Less Than Zero is a bad film. Not much like the book, and just really badly made in places. There is a party scene where everyone is talking loudly, but there is no music. They go to the bathroom and you can hear a muffled Public Enemy blasting through from the party. They go back in to the party and speak loudly over nothing.

The Box has an interesting idea to start with and seems to be going somewhere. Would you press a button in the box for $1,000,000 but a stranger dies? Then is goes bat shit crazy – It involves NASA, the NSA, floating cubes of water, a wedding, kidnap, aliens, Sophie’s choice, possible extermination of the human race. And finishes like this –

Steward offers Arthur and Norma a final choice: Walter is now deaf and blind. Either they live on with a disabled son, or Arthur can shoot Norma through the heart, at which point Walter’s sight and hearing will be restored. Norma begs Arthur to shoot her. Elsewhere, a woman pushes the button on her box and Arthur shoots Norma, killing her. As Arthur is taken away by police, Steward leaves the other couple’s house with the box. Walter is shown through an upstairs window in the home with his grandfather. The final scene shows Steward standing in the snow by his car, parked in a street, with the box.

convert

The tree of life.

A rental watch, turned off after 20mins.

Some films don’t worked for you when you first see them but do later in life. Naked Lunch was rubbish when I watched it in the early 90’s as a youngun but quite good watching it last year. It took me 3 attempts and 8 years before I appreciated Fight Club.

ThePinkster

I may well get flamed for this but Withnail and I is the worst film I’ve ever seen.

I just don’t understand the hype around it and why some many people thinks int’s such an amazing film.

And yes, as a former art student I’m sure it should appeal but I just don’t get it.

Northwind

seosamh77 – Member

Come on, highlander is an 80s classic! how can you not appreciated and scotsman with a french accent and a spaniard with a scottish accent.

Ramirez is Egyptian, which obviously explains the accent.

logical
    Free Member

Insomnia
    Blackball
    Farcry

ThePinkster

Less Than Zero is a bad film.

Great soundtrack album though.

seosamh77
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    Come on, highlander is an 80s classic! how can you not appreciated and scotsman with a french accent and a spaniard with a scottish accent

I can only remember it being the only film that’s made me walk out of the cinema (before the end!). So it has to be one of the worst. There are others I’ve started watching on TV and turned off, but they aren’t so memorable.possibly helps if you were 10 when you first seen it! 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

Northwind – Member

Ramirez is Egyptian, which obviously explains the accent.Controversial! :mrgreen:

veedubba

Attack of the Herbals, and the most recent Rambo movie. The former was low budget and utter garbage, the latter had no excuses for its terrible script, characterisation and gratuitous violence. I’m not normally one to say there’s too much carnage in a film, but that was just awful.

There are probably loads more, but I tend to have fairly low standards in what I’ll actually watch yet these two stick out in my mind as truly terrible.

ads678

The long kiss goodnight, I nearly walked out of the cinema but stayed to see if it got any better, it didn’t!

And face off or anything else with Nicholas Cage in it!!

kayak23

Alvin and the Chipmunks 2- The Squeakquel

A tour de Force it blummin wasn’t!

veedubba

Oh, and almost anything with Steven Seagal in it, barring the obviously brilliant Under Siege.

IHN

I may well get flamed for this but Withnail and I is the worst film I’ve ever seen.

I just don’t understand the hype around it and why some many people thinks int’s such an amazing film.

And yes, as a former art student I’m sure it should appeal but I just don’t get it.

Amen brother. Absolute gash of a film.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 197 total)

The topic ‘Poorest films you've seen?’ is closed to new replies.