Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Poor TV reception. What to do?
  • altgreen
    Free Member

I am plagued by v poor TV reception. I am not keen to sign up to cable. I don’t want to rely on the internet.
    What are the alternatives?
    I was thinking of a satellite dish and decoding box of some description.
    Could anyone recommend anything?

Gunz
    Free Member

We had the same thing and changed to a dish with a Freesat box, much better and doesn’t cost a lot.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Freesat as above.

Or get an aerial with a signal amplifier, not just a signal booster.

mintimperial

Yep, Freesat – we had it built into our telly anyway, but it always worked perfectly at our old house where terrestrial digital reception was totally non-existent.

Cougar

Have you had your aerial checked to make sure it’s up to the job for DTV? (Some old ones are compatible, some aren’t.)

andyg1966

Freesat works great.

£125 for a dish and 2 long feeds in my house.

rossburton
    Free Member

Get a local *quality* aerial company in to check the reception. Maybe your aerial needs moving or upgrading – modern aerials are better at picking up weak signals, or you could get an amplifier installed. If not the same outfit should be able to fit you out with a dish installation, and freesat boxes can be pretty cheap.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

catchy… 😀

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uvev7hY5MU[/video]

altgreen
    Free Member

Many thanks for the advice chaps.
    I have already got the most expensive aerial in the shop, carefully aligned, along with a separate amplifier, but the picture is still rubbish, it pixelates and freezes on HD channels.
    I think I will give Freesat a try.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Poor TV reception. What to do?’ is closed to new replies.