Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • poor shifting; triple Race Face Evolve / XTR mech & shifters / Inbred
  • makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

With the set up in the title, the shifting at the front is terrible. I (t’ wife) has rapid fire XTRs and it takes a thumb press and a half to shift to a bigger ring.

I was told by a guy yesterday (seems to know his stuff) that Race Face cranks / chain rings etc have a slightly different spacing to Shimano and therefore don’t ever work quite perfectly.

True? If so, even an SLX crankset is an expensive fix! Any other remedies?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

faustus

Has it always been this way? If not, the full outer cable run may need a clean and lube, as it will create lots of friction and create this kind of problem?

globalti
    Free Member

Change your inner and outer cables. You’ll be amazed at what you have come to accept as normal performance.

PiknMix
    Free Member

I’m running the same chainset but with deore front mech and slx shifter, it took much fettling with cable tension, limit screws and front mech angle but perseverance has now got me perfect shifting.
    I used a new cable with old outers.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

New cable and outers a month or so ago.

I think it was always like this. The bike was in storage and built up for ym wife.

I’ll have more of a fettle with the various settings. A big problem with the small Inbred frames is the height of the front mech compared to the cable outer stop.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘poor shifting; triple Race Face Evolve / XTR mech & shifters / Inbred’ is closed to new replies.