Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Poor Service from CRC
  • alexpalacefan

Ordered some bits (set of chainrings) from CRC on 18th April. As always ensured they were showing as in stock before placing the order.

After about a week I started chasing the order, and was told part was now out of stock. (Is this sounding familair to anyone yet?). Finally managed to get through on the ‘phone “we’ve just had a shipment, should be with you shortly”.

The following week, after e-mails to ‘customer service’ was told that there had definitely been a delivery to the CRC warehouse, and my goods would be shipped that week.

Yesterday got a ‘phone call to say that the order could not now be filled after all. I asked for the 2 in stock parts to be sent, as I could source the other elsewhere.

I was told there’s no point, as without the discount for the three rings together, there was very little saving having just the two.

I suggested that as a getsure of goodwill a reasonable price should be the 3-pack price less the cost of the unavailable ring. Despite checking with the ‘manager’ this was more than could be offered. So I cancelled the order.

You would think that after keeping me waiting for more than 3 weeks for goods I was told were in stock, a goodwill gesture of about £10 wouldn’t be beyond them. Seems they care so little for customer satisfaction that it was!

Rant over. Discuss.

nickc

Shit happens, get over it…

mysterymurdoch
    Free Member

If I was the manager I’d probably tell you to get lost too!

jojoA1
    Free Member

I received a box of power bars that had been pilfered of 2 bars. I received a voucher for £5 as compensation. I think that was pretty good service, as they simply took my word for the fact that the bars were missing.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

maybe its just me but every time i order from CRC everything i order turns up and it’s always on time dunno maybe iam just lucky!!

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

I bought a bottle cage from them that broke on first use and I only discovered it had broken after reaching for my bottle to find it was no longer there. I wrote a letter with the returns form saying I felt annoyed that I would now have to buy a bottle that cost the same as the cage just because it had broken and they sent me a CRC bottle as a good will gesture.

I know it’s not mega and I was being a bit tight but if you don’t try you don’t get and they certainly got a happy customer with it.

(who has since spent another £50+ with them)

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I ordered some Grease on Monday.

It arrived on Tuesday.

Gutted.

alexpalacefan

Maybe I have been unlucky, and to be fair, service in the past has always been pretty good. What annoyed me was the refusal to make a cheap goodwill gesture.

Like Jackass says, they only need to show willing to end up with a happy customer.

A

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Poor Service from CRC’ is closed to new replies.