Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Poor rear upshifting (small to big sprockets) – help needed.
  • devash
    Free Member

Morning Singletrackers.

The rear derailleur on my full sus was shifting really poorly when riding yesterday. It shifts down from big to small smoothly, but when upshifting from smallest to second smallest sprocket the derailleur doesn’t seen to move, and I have to click up two gears then down one to hit the second smallest. The upshift lever also feels really tight.

I’ve taken everything to bits, opened up the shifter pod (Alivio 9spd) and everything is working smoothly, given it a blast with GT85 to flush out any hidden dirt but it was very clean in there anyway. I’ve cleaned / lubed up the pivots on the derailleur itself and changed the gear cables (inside and out).

Any ideas what could be the problem? I thought perhaps a bent derailleur / mech hanger but everything seems to be in order.

devash
    Free Member

Turns out that it was the shifter after all. The plastic wheel where the cable clips in to has buggered. New shifters ordered (needed to upgrade them anyway.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Poor rear upshifting (small to big sprockets) – help needed.’ is closed to new replies.