Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Poor quality standards of new parts
  • joseywales
    Free Member

Received a seatpost and headset yesterday and when I got the headset out it was marked and scraped, nothing major but I find this common when buying bike parts and it annoys me to no end, people may say well it will get scratched anyway, so do your shoes but you wouldnt buy a new pair marked at point of sale would you, it just screams out poor standards, now I’ve got to return it, the perils of internet shopping I suppose

scotroutes

Can’t say this has ever happened to me but I guess it’s one of the perils of buying cheap, OEM kit.

Northwind

Me neither tbh, and I’m pretty picky.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

tend to get most stuff from a shop these days not much of an issue

wwaswas

Can’t remember ever getting anything from a retailer online or off where it was damaged on arrival other than the CRC great flood sale or damaged in transit items.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

can’t remember ever getting anything from a retailer online or off where it was damaged on arrival other than the CRC great flood sale

+1, still running some of the bargains I picked up.

I’m not that fussy though, I like stuff that works, cosmetics whether by design or by damage come a very distant 2nd.

shortcut

I guess it must be what you bought and from where. Not had an issue personally.
    So what and from where?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Poor quality standards of new parts’ is closed to new replies.