Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Poor old Mark Swift is in some bother
  • Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Sorry for any inconvenience, I’m in a terrible situation. Am stranded here in Manila, Philippines since last night. I was hurt and robbed on my way to the hotel I stayed and my luggage is still in custody of the hotel management pending when I make payment on outstanding bills I owe. Am waiting for my colleagues to send me money to get back home but they have not responded and my return flight will be leaving soon. Please let me know if you can help and I will refund the money back to you as soon as I get back home.

Please let me know if you can help.

Mark Swift

I’ve sent him 10k but it seems he could do with some more. Anyone able to help?

if so he can be contacted at ……

akira

I’d be willing to chip in, hmmm no bank details though. Would it be okay to send him cash in a briefcase?

nealglover
    Free Member

Mark Swift, Secretary of Sheffield (sheffrec) Cycle Club 😕

mrchrispy

I’ve just emailed him myt coconut details so he can take what he needs, much easier that way as I trust him completely

oldschool

PayPal gift. It’s the best way.

dknwhy

This looks like a personal email has been hacked (especially considering nealglover’s post). Happened to a mate of mine with a similar message.

Sure the real Mark Swift doesn’t want his email address spread further….

nealglover
    Free Member

The real Mark Swift’s email address is also “swifty.swifty@…etc” so it does look like it’s been hacked and used by scammers.

(Either that or he’s stuck in Manila cursing everyone for taking the piss)

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I had one of these emails sent from my account saying I was stuck in Spain.

Tricky bit was that I was travelling on business and was in Poland at the time but due in Spain later that week. Wife did phone to check and a few STWers who got the email and knew I travelled a bit also checked.

It was a scam but it was quite heart warming when people from here contacted MrsWCA to check I (and she) was okay.

No-one I know of fell for the scam

footflaps

No-one I know of fell for the scam

I just thought you were slow in paying me back the £6k I lent you.

Junkyard
    Free Member

and mine you bastard

chewkw
    Free Member

Teach him a lesson for vising the strip bars in manila …

twicewithchips
    Free Member

Mark, I really hope you get the help you need, but if that fails, why not just get on the return flight that’s leaving soon?
    As it happens, my brother’s uncle has to get a large sum of money out of the country quickly, perhaps you could help?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Poor old Mark Swift is in some bother’ is closed to new replies.