Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Poor job Clutch replacement
  • notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

How would you all follow this up? excuse the grammar etc. 🙂

Had the clutch done on my van big job box out 8hrs book time , took longer than expected but I didn’t rush them as I didn’t need the van.
    They finished the work went to pick the van the under tray was missing, induction pipe missing and warning light on dash,
    Took it back lots of apologies from service manager. The missing parts refitted but dash light error code is showing as “fuel pressure sensor so can’t be anything they have done” but if I book it in they will look after me for the trouble of having to bring the van back.
    It was now Friday and needed the van for the weekend for said I would ring them.

Roll on 2 days going over a speed bump the under tray came adrift. While under the van refitting here’s what I found:

Gearbox bolt half out
    Engine mount bolt missing
    Exhaust Bracket loose one end 3 nuts missing at the other
    Wire unplugged (not sure what its for but it cleared the warning lights) Maybe came unplugged but accident as the wiring loom was flapping where it used to be attached to the gearbox.
    None of the brackets securing the power steering pipework were attached just a few cable ties
    One of the power steering pipes rubbing against the gearbox
    That’s what I can see

Need less to say I’m not best pleased, Sent them an email listing faults rather than going down there or losing it on the phone at them.

The girl on the desk called me back as the boss was in a meeting all afternoon.Would like them to come and collect the van to put right I didn’t agree so taking the van to them on Monday morning as I want to be with them when they look at it.
    When I picked it up for the 2nd time I was told by who I now know to be the owner of the company how the person who done the job had been dealt with, the van should never had been returned to me with the tray and induction pipe missing.

How would you to take things on Monday?

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Part refund or a tank of fuel, BUT my main worry would be that the poor quality of the repair will raise its head again later and won’t be admitted to my the garage… maybe get them to pay for another garage or main dealer to inspect the quality of the repair.

tomd
    Free Member

Before you go and speak to them decide what you want from them rather than just rant. Are you happy for them to work on it again at all? Do you want them to put right + full refund for labour? Etc

Junkyard
    Free Member

I would be pretty reluctant to let them fix all that as its past error and into incompetence

tthew

Take it to another garage, get them to put it right. You’ll have to pay, but then claim back off the original crowd.

Try to get them to agree to this, (confirmed in writing or by e-mail) on Monday. If they won’t, tell them that’s what you are doing and maybe you’ll have to go through the money claim/small claim court to get your refund.

enfht
    Free Member

They left your van in such an unsafe state that this needs reporting to trading standards or whatever equivalent body exists. I’d also be reluctant to allow them to remedy the situation but going elsewhere will seriously complicate matters for you – so first things first speak to trading standards and see what advice they have for people in your situation.

Bottom line is this goes way beyond bad service imo.

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

Reluctantly going to allow to them to fix it but will be making it clear that I will be having the work inspected by another garage. My Dad was a partner in a garage(back down south) so will let them have a look when visiting next week

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Poor job Clutch replacement’ is closed to new replies.