Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Poor battery life in the cold..
  • Podium
    Free Member

All this talk of beam patterns and lumens is fine and dandy for the illumination obsessed,but am I the only one who is more concerned with low temp battery performance?
    My Exposures seem to go into hibernation mode as the mercury drops making a mockery of claimed battery life…
    Batteries that work well in the cold is what we want.
    Wonder if there is a market for dinky quilted light covers..

Podium
    Free Member

Before anyone mentions Piggybacks – they kind of defeat the object of paying for a self contained,pocketable solution.
    Batteries should last as long as claimed imo.Especially as we use them in the winter.

Perhaps a hamster jacket would do the trick.

juan
    Free Member

That is normal. Nothing to worry about. Check Arhenius' laws of activation energy. Plus anyone knows that burn time, battery life are given for 298K.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Coleman
    Free Member

Thats strange, my Exposures are over 2 years old and they still exceed the manufacturers claimed run times. Even in the depths of winter the run times have not been noticably different.

rootes1

put yur batterie sin your pants keeps em nice and warm lol

stumpy01

Battery run-time does supposedly drop off in cold conditions but with my Lumi battery, it's not been to a noticeable extent.

Podium
    Free Member

Down the pants it is then.

ScotlandTheScared

My 3 yr old lumi battery still gives 5 hours in the coldest of temperatures – shouldnt effect run times too much I wouldnt have thought. Oh – and I dont ride with it down my pants…

clubber
    Free Member

Claimed run time will only be reflective of the temperature at which they're tested. It's impossible to give a single run time figure. It's not unreasonable to give a figure based on somewhere between 0 and 20 deg C, especially as plenty of people want their expensive lights for racing which is typically done in summer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Poor battery life in the cold..’ is closed to new replies.