Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Pool Car @ Work bump – advice please!
  • br
    Free Member

Not looked at our TCs for a while but it used to be something like

£500 for the first at fault accident
    £1000 for subsequent at fault accidents

the company’s excess is £1000

Most companies I’ve worked for have this for company car accidents, but its usually discretionary and its always been in my contract.

Otherwise he either claims on the company insurance, or just pays for it.

PrinceJohn

What about a small child, struggling with his shoelaces.

Quite clearly the parents fault for not buying velcro shows.

Or and average size child sitting down in a sulk.

Well they be sulking for much longer…

nealglover
    Free Member

Quite clearly the parents fault for not buying velcro shows.

Or teaching basic spelling 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hora
    Free Member

Sounds like a garage is ripping…..

And/or your boss has an ulterior motive.

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Without getting into the merits of whether or not you should have seen the wall or not it appears to me that there is another issue at stake here.

You bumped the car in a car park, you then returned to work, confessed all and went on holiday for a week. In your absence more damage was found to the car.

My question is this…can your employer prove that that extra damage is a result of the bump in the car park? Perhaps someone has driven the car in the meantime? (If you write down the ‘closing milage’ of the car when you leave it it’s a very useful tool for demonstrating the car has been moved in your absence). Similarly can you prove that the extra damage was pre-existing? Did you have a ‘walk around’ the car at the point you took it over?

Given that it’s unlikely either party will be able to prove or disprove any of the above my inclination would be to offer to pay for the damage to the bumper as that was what you agreed to at the time of the incident.

Just some thoughts, hope they’re helpful and as above…it does sound like there’s something strange going on with your boss. Why would he have to ‘have a think about what to do’?

yesiamtom
    Free Member

I would be asking how the car sustained so much damage from such a low speed impact. IF the front end is out of alignment like you say the car is almost certainly a write off and as such probably not fit for use after such a low speed impact. I live in the middle of a busy city and cars regularly touch when parking bumper bumper, I’ve not heard of a single one going out of alignment from this happening repeatedly. Just look at Paris !

My opinion – Someone, ie the boss, is pulling a fast one.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Pool Car @ Work bump – advice please!’ is closed to new replies.