Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 352 total)
  • Ponderous iDave diet question
  • stevious

Read a few posts on here about the iDave diet and am a bit intrigued by it.

It seems to do the job for those who’ve posted on here about it, but I’m wondering if it’s just something you do to get rid of weight, or if there are specific changes you make once you’ve reached a target weight you want to keep. Is this a lifelong change in eating pattern?

Not tinking about doing the diet by the way, just curious about how it’ll pan out.

trailmonkey

I’m hoping that it will be a permanent change in eating as everything else is just yoyo dieting.

molgrips
    Free Member

I am not going to stick it long term. Once I’ve lost weight I will take elements of it, and the knowledge of how it actually works and revert to the traditional method of lots of riding and not too much junk food.

I can’t keep it up forever, I’m finding it far too grim. Even the thought of the shite meals I’ve ended up having to force down is making me feel very nauseous tbh.

Cheap spag bol and pasta – nom
    Cheap spag bol and chick peas – vom. Seriously, I feel ill.

There is too much goodness in the world that I cannot say goodbye to. And I don’t mean buckets of cakes and pies, I mean stuff like.. a latte or a glass of orange juice.

trickydisco
    Free Member

I mean stuff like.. a latte or a glass of orange juice

Which you can have.. just on your day off

You’re really not grasping this idave diet 😉

iDave
    Free Member

Even the thought of the shite meals I’ve ended up having to force down

Ah, so you’re not on the iDave diet then? 😉

trickydisco
    Free Member

I can’t see me going back tbh. Don’t miss bread or white pasta in the slightest now.

I’m down to 70kg now (from 75 in jan). Then again i have been doing some base training which has helped.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m on a combination of iDave and iCan’tCook.

For example, today at work the suitable options were a nice viennese chicken brest with veg and potatoes. So I didn’t have the potatoes, just the veg which was sweetcorn and peas.

How much sweetcorn and peas can a man eat? Not much, it turns out, when that man is me.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve heard it puts two inches on to your willy.

I read this in my new book – The Big Book of Bollocks

Jamie
    Free Member

Ah, so you’re not on the iDave diet then?

In other news, water is wet.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Try the SBZ diet instead.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Knew it wouldn’t take long for Mr (perhaps fat?) darcy to appear here!

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve been trying the SbZ diet for years and years with very limited success.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Knew it wouldn’t take long for Mr (perhaps fat?) darcy to appear here!

Lovely to see you too shweetie pie. Would you like to buy a copy of The Big Book of Bollocks? Although, it sounds like you’ve read it already 😉

And why are you calling me fat, eh? Whassatallabout?

BadlyWiredDog

I Love You Grippsy. The day you decided to embrace the iDave diet was a landmark in the history of light entertainment. If you were me, I’d say the whole thing was an elaborate piece of virtual performance art, but you really are serious about this aren’t you?

Have you considered learning to cook, it’s not difficult and it’s something that will enhance every single day of your life. It won’t be as entertaining for the rest of us, but honestly…

iDave
    Free Member

tonight i had lamb chops, green beans, mashed butterbeans with garlic and mint. piece of piss to make – 10 min at most. really nice simple, healthy food (recipe for sale DD)

Jamie
    Free Member

tonight i had lamb chops, green beans, mashed butterbeans with garlic and mint. piece of piss to make – 10 min at most. really nice simple, healthy food (recipe for sale DD)

Hey snap! I am also eating food tonight!

What are the chances eh?

iDave
    Free Member

Jamie, we must be twins!

I hope you paid me a license fee to eat food, DD will be upset at any freeloading nutritional activities.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That sounds delicious iDave 🙂

If you give me the recipe for free, I’ll credit you in the food section of the book. Royalties will follow of course.

Jamie
    Free Member

I hope you paid me a license fee to eat food, DD will be upset at any freeloading nutritional activities.

Cheques in the post.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

DD will be upset

Only when I see my bloating frame in the mirror 🙁

DrP

Tonight I had a big ol’ dish of curry, a nice portion of rice, a nan, a yoghurt with a banana and milky-bar buttons stuffed in it, washed down with some vino rouge…..
    My tummy’s nice and full now, ready again for my 26 mile commute tomorrow.

I’m sure it’s the benefits of red wine that keep my weight stable……..

DrP 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Darcy – I read something similar in my new book – The Book of Big Bollocks

molgrips
    Free Member

but you really are serious about this aren’t you?

I am serious about the diet, but I am posting all this stuff up partly for support and recipe advice and partly to add to the general entertainment of STW 🙂

And I actually can cook, I just don’t usually cook with this many beans and pulses, so I am still sorting out the right approach. Chickpeas were definitely not soaked long enough, so I will live and learn.

Had mashed butterbeans the other night. They were okay but I could not eat that many of them for some reason – same goes for all these legumes it seems. Even refried beans which are one of my great loves get hard to swallow after half a tin.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Would you like to buy a copy of The Big Book of Bollocks? Although, it sounds like you’ve read it already

Yep, where do i sign up? Already costing me a fortune paying idave every month for this diet.

Just curious why you keep banging on about it being snake oil/bollox when you probably haven’t bothered to try it before making a judgement?

So why do you think it’s bollox when there are literally 1000’s that have success with it (4 hour body)

molgrips
    Free Member

The wiki page on insulin makes interesting reading…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just curious why you keep banging on about it being snake oil/bollox when you probably haven’t bothered to try it before making a judgement?

I’m only having a giggle with (chiefly) iDave and Jamie about it. I’ve never once said it was snake oil/bollocks. I’m probably just jealous of their lithe frames while I waddle about cluelessly.

EDIT: In too good a mood to get into a fight. That’s the thing about us chubbies, we’re always cheerful.

trickydisco
    Free Member

so your not the serial idave=snakeoil tagger?

I take it all back.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

so your not the serial idave=snakeoil tagger?

No, not me mate. That’s more likely to be someone with multiple past login names 😉 iDave’s one of the good guys round these parts – and that kind of thing engenders jealousy. (I’m only jealous in the nicest possible way)

I did tag the other diet thread though…see if you can guess.

stevious

Would be interesting (if somewhat impractical) to see how diets like this compare with a diet ‘placebo’. There’s evidence showing that just keeping a food diary can have significant weight loss effects. Does the idave diet work because it forces you to consider what you eat more closely or is there a large benefit from the actual content?

miketually
    Free Member

we had lamb tagine that had been in the slow cooker all day, with cous cous. Presumably, apart from the cous cous, that’s iDave Diet-approved? There were chickpeas in it.

Keva
    Free Member

I am not going to stick it long term. Once I’ve lost weight I will take elements of it, and the knowledge of how it actually works and revert to the traditional method of lots of riding and not too much junk food.

Molgrips, How does it actually work ?

Kev

Jamie
    Free Member

Molgrips, How does it actually work ?

I could tell you, but its gonna cost £££.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I could tell you, but its gonna cost £££.

I’m in enough trouble already… 😳

donsimon
    Free Member

The problem is that most diets are rubbish. I can never be arsed to follow them properly either and end up not losing the desired weight, which clearly is a failing of the diet. FACT, ALL diets are crap!!!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The iDave Diet is not a diet. It’s a way of life.

donsimon
    Free Member

You calling me fat?

cinnamon_girl

Mashed butterbeans – dried or tinned? Mashed with what?

Thank you. 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Mashed with what?

A fork usually works. :mrgreen:

jet26
    Free Member

Awaiting the ‘which suspension fork to mash butterbeans’ thread

cinnamon_girl

Oh, I like to use my knuckles. 😉

Heaven forbid that proper butter is permitted!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 352 total)

The topic ‘Ponderous iDave diet question’ is closed to new replies.